• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your Nemidisc?

Mamba's. I had a "Champy-Star" Black Mamba that I finally left laying on the course I was so sick of it. I told my buddy he could pick it up if he wanted it, I was done with it.

Have wanted this disc to work for me and have tried three or four of them in different weights and could not get any of them to turn like attended. The Meteor just drove me nuts, now that i have found the Foxbat no more looking

Voting tally...
Roc -12
Sroadrunner -6
Buzz -5
River -5
Destroyer -4
Wraith -3
Leopard -3
Saint -3

Too many ones and twos to mess with writing in.

Another vote for the Saint here. It's the disc I wanted to love, but every one I've tried just flips and dives on me. I know my form is not flawless, but it's not so bad that every one I throw looks like I grip-locked it into the next county.

More modern "good disc" here, but for me it's the tangent. The first few rounds I threw it I thought it was pretty good, but I just can't get a feel for it at all anymore. I've been a huge MVP supporter for a long time and bag most of their molds but I really, really struggle to click with the tangent...which many consider to be MVP's best disc. It fits weirdly between the axis (now alias) and tursas for me and I'm not confident with it in that slot.

Different strokes I guess.

for me it's the beast. just can't throw it right. it flips over w/full power & meathooks with less power.

also the saint started great, but then turned into a flipper after a couple(hundred) tree hits.

for me it's the beast. just can't throw it right. it flips over w/full power & meathooks with less power.

Second that. Probably the only driver I wanted so bad to work well and it never really did. Valk and Orc are better, or wraith. But anyway....

that reminds me, i really wanted the flick to work for me since i flick a lot, but the one i have is stupid overstable & has no glide, so worthless i keep it on the roof. at least the beast looks cool in the window.

My vote is for the Leopard, never could get that thing to fly well tried Star, Champ, Echo. A close Second would be the Wraith. Maybe when i "grow up" and can get my arm speed up.

As to the Roadrunner....It is probably my single favorite disc and I am currently bagging 3. If you want a flippier RR - Try an Echostar. The newer RR's that I have are stable, including the new G*.

The Stalker. It was probably just because it was slightly beat up when my friend gave it to me, but I just couldn't get it to fly properly. It seemed to have no glide or something.

Same here, I got a z plastic stalker from a white elephant and it just dropped out of the sky, no glide. I don't care for z plastic for drivers but I love my buzz in Z

Mine was the Jokeri. It is a really nice disc, and I threw it pretty well, but I could make that sucker roll for miles at the most inopportune times. If I played more or had any skill I would have kept them around, and used it as a roller utility disc. Lopan throws one, and I have never seen him have a bad roll, but for me it was a curse. :wall::doh:

The River. I've tried to love it...I WANT to love it but I just can't. The first ones I bought were way too flippy. Even on serious hyzer they would just about roll. Sold em all and got a new skullboy one in a lot and it's way more stable than I want. Doesn't turn at all. I'm confused.

For along time the Roc would've been it for me. As I got better, I learned how to throw them, and now bag 5. Mega workhorse mold in my bag.

For me now I'd say it's probably the TERN. I've tried it several different times, and I think it has too wide and shallow of a rim for my liking. I was pumped to throw that bad boy. Dang.

This is an interesting thread. I really thought the answers would be all over the place but it seems like there is a solid core of recurring discs here.

I'll probably have to go and vote Saint. I got a GL Saint a little while ago and was excited for it as many people here were clamoring for this disc but it turns out that my Saint didn't want to do what I wanted. It's not overstable yet not quite understable. It would turn and never come back when I needed a solid fade, and it would fade back when I wanted it to keep turning. Even at 175g my Saint was less stable than my 170g Star Teebird, which I can depend on to fly straight and fade. I dunno... the Saint is an anomaly.

My real Nemidisc would have to be an ESP XL, though, because I was still pretty n00bish when I had it and I never knew how to throw it. After many frustrating throws I eventually lost it in the woods at Lobdell Park. While looking for this disc in the thick jungle brush I walked through a huge spider web that fell on top of my head like a trapper's net and I freaked out and ran out of the woods never to see my disc again. Not fun!