• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

Right now its a Z Comet, beat Champ Roc3, Z Wasp, Z Drone.

VIP opaque Warship, Prime/BioFuzion/Moonshine Truth, and just got an Icon Ghost (I understand this is similar or is the 10x ROC mold?). Can anyone tell me what to expect? I have an on again, off again relationship with my MD3.

I've been very happy since switching to the Roc3. I dig the Stars the most. They power up and crush on a laser line or power down for touch shots very well.

I still cycle Dx Rocs and Dx Cobras. I buy old Rocs and Cobras at PIAS or the auction site. Dx Rocs really can last forever. :thmbup:
Sometimes I carry an Evolution Blaze.

I rotate a Z Buzzz OS/Q Sentinel, Z Buzzz/Champion Roc3, and Buzzz SS/QMS. I have multiples of them all, and I am diligent in making sure they all season in together. I have other mids too but these are my most trusted molds.

My form has improved quite a bit this season and I'm using my putter more where I used to use a mid. I have noticed in the last month I have used my Roc3 once so I took it out for a while (I know, sacrilege!) .

Anyway, as of now It's still the Suspect, Panther and Iv'e been recently throwing a Lucid Truth.

I seem to be pretty much done with the cycling thing. When one can buy premium plastics that fly they way you want off the shelf and keep the flight characteristics for quite a while, I no longer see the point.

Roc3's, MD2s and most recently added a Proto MD. Every now and then I'll throw in my USDGC Champ Roc or Glow MD3 if it's super windy or a beat to hell KC Roc for hyzerflips and wooded courses.

If I carry the Big Bag (Voodoo Mojo), I have a GL Mace, Frostline Claymore, and TP Tursus.

If I travel light, it will be just one of the above. Depending on the course, and what other discs I carry. All three are awesome in their own way. I just aced with the Tursas last night, the Mace has hit metal more than once, and the Claymore is straight goodness......

They are.

But I feel like my Mids will be up in the air again, once RDG releases that modded warrior(/karma?) in sweet, sweet Fossil.

Any news on that front?

I have a meeting "scheduled" with DaveMac next week to discuss our future projects.
Hopefully something comes from it!

Two Buzzzes, one Z and one Big Z
Two Comets, one Big Z and one X
One Pure OG, in Sticky Icky
One Justice, in Lucid I believe (just got it from a friend)

I only try to cover 3 slots with mids, understable, workhorse, overstable. I use drivers and putters to cover more shots than mids.

Pretty much locked in for US mids: Tursas, or sometimes Stingray. I had a Fuse I lost, that would be a contender as well. I saw a guy working magic with a Meteor, but I've never tried one. Discs in this area I didn't care for were Skeeter, Tangent, Stratus.

Workhorse: my 2 favorites are the Warship and the Buzzz. Warship gives great D, whereas Buzzz just has some magic quality to produce great shots.

OS: this is the most muddled. I've auditioned Roc, Hornet, Bard, Mace, Pain, Vector, Obex, Suspect, and several others. There is a lot of overlap here, but in head to head comparisons, I've found the Mace, Pain, and Hornet to be the best combination of flight and wind fighting.

Much research yet to do....

Last edited:
Only one for me: VIP Warship

Also only have one other mid in my collection, Pinnacle Ghost, which has seen very little bagtime ever since I got the VIP Harp that I use for most upshots back- and forehand, as well as really windy day putting.

Main reason for so few mids (and why I don't like throwing putters off the tee), I don't like deep rims, they don't jive with a powergrip for me. I'm much more likely going to throw my Rival over my Warship in the midrange spot if there is any kind of room either left or right. Even the small amount of wing plus less deep rim in Rival (Underworld for anny upshots outside Harp range) makes it feel much better in terms of grip. Only if it's a really, really tight tunnel where just can't afford any real fade and no room to hyzerbomb either back- or forehand, Warship gets the call.

Ibex
Classic Roc
Evidence

I love my mids, but have been throwing my putters more for approaches, and my Trak has been covering the upper end of that range.

Latest posts