• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What, no Impact?

bayouace

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I like to stay current. So the Impact is OOP. Also, I understand air conditioning, automatic transmissions and color tv are now available. Wow.

Marshall Street

They may have taken the disc off of their site for being a slow seller. More people use the SS Buzz for that slot and/or the Express for the same shot shape. The odd hatched rim makes Impact disc less selling then other slow selling Discraft discs. Marshall Street took the Aquatic/Amphibian Set off the site due to it never selling. You can still buy the discs online elsewhere now as Marshal Street was not the only seller of the discs as they claimed to be. Sun King was selling them for way longer and has a better price.

Still many available, but some weights are getting harder to find. Just have to work a little, if you like the Impact, and I do.

Mind you the predator has the same goofy crosshatched inner rim, and that is a classic.

I thought the Impact had cross hatch on the outer rim, not the inner? Or is it both? I know it's on the outer for sure.

The cross hatch on the inner rim of the Pred covers an old patent number, if I recall correctly.

The IMPACT was a cool disc - back when I was kinda new to things I was in search of a 0 disc - and the Impact held up - it was nice. But I since have moved on

If they become too hard to find then I will look at the speed 6 midrange DGA makes that is nearly the same disc but without the Crosshatching and has a slightly different rim. The main reason they kept the Impact as a disc was due to the disc being used by a sponsored pro who was in the old Grand master division He used it. Maybe the new Archer was supposed to be the Impact Replacement?, though they fly very different distance wise.

Still many available, but some weights are getting harder to find. Just have to work a little, if you like the Impact, and I do.

I do too, a Wombat and Wombat 3 are very similar discs to an Impact and worst case if the DGA disc Speed 6 midrange is not close then I will get the Wombat and Wombat 3. As long as that Innova disc does not go oop.

Another thought: What if They are Making the New Ace Race Disc a replacement disc For the Impact like Discraft did with the Avenger? It would be more like a Wombat/Wombat 3 but with enough different to be its own disc at Speed 6.

Another thought: What if They are Making the New Ace Race Disc a replacement disc For the Impact like Discraft did with the Avenger? It would be more like a Wombat/Wombat 3 but with enough different to be its own disc at Speed 6.

Casey, I'm sorry for your loss, because I know you're a huge Impact fan. I wish I had better news for you re. the Ace Race disc, but it's listed at 4 4 -2 1, with an overall flight of -0.5. Good luck in your quest for a replacement. Keep us posted.

If they become too hard to find then I will look at the speed 6 midrange DGA makes that is nearly the same disc but without the Crosshatching and has a slightly different rim.

Which one is that, the Squall or Tremor?

I bag a Squall, too, but it has a bit of fade, if left on its own. The Squall will do it all. Hyzer, annie, or straight, depending on release. Gets me out of a lot of trouble. Even putts well.

I actually liked the Impact, I just wish they came in firmer plastic. It made a great straight driver the 6 months I had to play lefthanded.