• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter?

Aviar P & A
Rhyno

Typically, I'd like the Aviar in Glow plastic and the Rhyno in DX. I also carry the Aviar in star for drives, but I think I'd rather have the Rhyno in Champion/Star for that.

i had an ace in 2001 with a heavy soft rhino...good discs, esp in the wind. they fly too fast for them to be a good putter though, IMHO.

ive never thrown a jk aviar...what are they like?

JK Aviars are just like KC Aviars and the Star Aviar Drivers except for the plastic. JK plastic is a softer plastic and beats in buttery smooth. It's usually best to pick one out in a store where you can fondle a few to be sure to get a soft one. Sometimes they are almost as stiff as DX. These are OK of course (and I have one), but the softest JKs are the sweetest JKs. And they really beat in beautifully.

If you haven't thrown a BB Aviar, they are beaded, big rimmed, slow putters. A little overstable, but not a lot. Most manufacturers have a clone. The classic putter IMO.

My putting world is about to expand I think. I will say without a doubt that a Soft Magnet will stay in my bag for the foreseeable future.

But I've got too many options when it comes to my other putter...which I think I need. I'm currently leaning challenger. But I like the Wizard in the SSS plastics...and I hear there's a SUPER SOFT Magnet but I've never seen one...

And I like that stupid Putt'r in Z plastic. And I want a Juju...oi!

\/\/

JK Aviars are just like KC Aviars and the Star Aviar Drivers except for the plastic. JK plastic is a softer plastic and beats in buttery smooth. It's usually best to pick one out in a store where you can fondle a few to be sure to get a soft one. Sometimes they are almost as stiff as DX. These are OK of course (and I have one), but the softest JKs are the sweetest JKs. And they really beat in beautifully.

If you haven't thrown a BB Aviar, they are beaded, big rimmed, slow putters. A little overstable, but not a lot. Most manufacturers have a clone. The classic putter IMO.

Could not have put it any better! I've seen some J/K that were as hard as a star plastic aviar, then there were some I've seen that were just like an Omega SS. I had a few soft J/K's and really liked them, but then I came across a really soft Omega SS, and just liked how it felt better.

In responce to the forum question: Blowfly and Omega SS.....backups, R-Pro Aviar, or a really soft J/K Aviar