• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter?

I carry a Wizard for putting, approach shots, and anhyzers that need to float in and not roll. I also carry an Aviar Driver for tunnel shots and downhill driving.

175 DX Rhyno
175 Glow Aviar

The Rhyno has to be fairly stiff because it will be getting more of the short drive work. The Glow Aviar is more for gliding/floating putts and approaches.

I have to give massive kudos to the Skeeter. If i had to use 1 putter only, i think it's the best.... It throws like a driver, but has the accuracy of a putter. My biggest problem with this disc is i would over throw..... The only reason i dont use it is "overlap".... With a Roc, Gator, Rhyno and Aviar i really dont need another disc.... I can say that its an "instant results" disc for new players when they use it for 15+ foot putts.

I agree 100% with this. It's a great point and shoot disc, and it helps ultra newbies understand approach and putting. I've seen kids go from HATING disc golf to LOVING IT after putting a skeeter in their hands.

No joke. I don't carry one these days, too much overlap, but I own 2 and I keep them on hand for playing rounds with people that aren't into the sport yet so I can say "here, try THIS disc"

\/\/

I carry a Cryztal Z Challenger for short drives/approaching because it holds its torque resistant characteristics and a Pro D Challenger for putting because it was the cheapest big bead putter to buy a stack of to practice putting with. I have a few JK aviars and SS Wizards that I also practice with and they fly exactly the same as the Challenger from 30' and in but cost twice as much.

Son, I wish I had an answer for this thread. :wall::doh::confused: Right now I'm going with: SS Warlock (It's sacrilege to not have at least one Gateway putter at all times) and a Soft Banger GT (brand spanking new).

Do you have the balls to throw a "Hanna Montana" putter?:D
i would no doubt purchase on of these. one of my buddies would absolutely love it. and by the way, she likes to be called miley now. :p

sss wizard, and e wizard. i've got a soft and ss in there for putting practice as well

No love for the Star Aviar P & A yet? It's my companion to my beat in DX Aviar P & A. It's a bit more stable than the DX so I have a couple different options. I use my putters a lot for approaches and short drives.

Putter -

I'd suggest 2 -
1) Throw up / gimme putts.
2) Long Range Shot putter.

for me:
1) Gummy Rhyno
2) Max Weight Aviar P & A. <- the extra weight (for me) helps stabilize and absorb wind issues.

Latest posts