• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What should the AceRace 13' be called? Or even produced?

Falcon is a cool name. I'd like it in Z plastic more than the Ti run it came in. That plastic sucks donkey balls.

Cryztal Z Falcon. That just sounds cool.

Discraft made reference to a new disc name on facebook back on Oct. 9th to a picture:

"You may see a Discraft 'Golden Raptor' sometime in the future...."

Hopefully the name is just Raptor, that would be a cool name. Would fit well with their other names like Predator and Stalker.

Isn't there a disc already named the Raptor?

Easy. It's sort of like a Teebird, and Jays are birds. Discraft loves bee themes so it should be the BeeJay.

Cuz it blows. :\

(Haven't actually thrown them, don't flame)

Isn't there a disc already named the Raptor?

There is a "Rapter" by the company, Disc Golf Aotearoa, whatever that is.

Other than that, no.

They need to name this thing Falcon. I'm already getting pumped about it.

Ha! Grasshopper works for me. I watched a skip in ace during the event I was in.

It's a good fairway driver and will probably grab a spot in my bag over the winter. I found that the heavier one held a very stable flight path on a rhfh flick. I preferred the lighter weights for backhand.

This sucker is a skipping machine! I was throwing nothing but skip shots at the ace race as the baskets were WAY too short for this caliber driver.

Dumpster would be the first name that comes to mind , Its like taking a firebird and mixing it with a teebird, just don't see the point of it
Feel free to send my yours. I'll take them off your hands, dispose of them in an ecologically friendly manner, and only charge you the shipping to get them to me. :clap:

I'm not sure I think XL SS fits this disc. It seems to be more stable, not less. In fairness though my XL experience is limited. Maybe they could call it the XXL?

I'll jump on the Falcon bandwagon, possibly using a F-16 fighter jet as the hotstamp instead of yet another bird. Although as I think it through, their would probably be copyright issues, not to mention whining from peacenik hippies, so maybe that idea won't work. Too bad, it would open up a whole line of names for Discraft. Raptor, Warthog, Phantom, Commanche, Blackhawk and Kiowa are all military aircraft names that would make good disc names as well.

How about "Skippy"?

marc_price.jpg

I traded for one marked 173-174 and it is so similar to an Eagle L in flight. I throw mine about 300-350 depending on the toss for reference. It is a little faster and definitely more overstable than an XL. I'm sure since the majority of them are very light weights people are confused about how how overstable they fly in heavy weights.

Since I won an Ace Race with this disc I think it should be called the Hipster.
I find the disc to be a good forehand/overhand/utility disc and it's in the bag. At our race the disc were all lighter weights and they flew well into the wind and held up well. I hope they bring it into production.

Personally, I enjoyed the disc. It got me a win at the Ace Race, so I'd say I took to it pretty quickly.

I don't understand why everyone thinks this disc fills a gap though. The main reason that I feel I did well with this disc is that it flies just about like my Z Trackers, which I adore. Barely different. Solid mix of versatility and reliability. Overstable for sure without being niched into a meathook role. While it didn't knock Trackers out of my bag, the disc is a solid all purpose fairway disc.

As for names: Hound, Hunter, Seeker, Tracer, and Shadow all seem to fit the disc.

I actually do like 'FALCON' and I came up with it. But yeah glad it's well received. I also like the fighter jet names. I just hope it has NOTHING to do with a bee. Buzz is fine, wasp, hornet, drone...all make sense-ish to me. But...Zombee? Just call it Zombie....whatever. I will forever call it AR13...as if it were an asteroid name

Latest posts