• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

Did Paul ever dabble with the Boss while with Innova? I never heard him mention it at any point. I guess if he never threw the Boss he might not feel the need to throw the Nuke either.

That said, I still think he'll find a spot in the Discraft bag for a Nuke.

I forget what tournament it was, but he was using a star boss for a few holes. I think it was CCDG coverage let me try to find it.

I have no idea how the Nuke beats in, but the Boss seems like they get significantly more understable with wear unlike the slower and more consistent wear pattern of a Destroyer. I can see that being a major part of why nearly all pro's choose Destroyer over Boss.

Feldberg has to hyzer flip basically everything so that actually makes sense with why he would have liked the Boss.

I have no idea how the Nuke beats in, but the Boss seems like they get significantly more understable with wear unlike the slower and more consistent wear pattern of a Destroyer. I can see that being a major part of why nearly all pro's choose Destroyer over Boss.

Feldberg has to hyzer flip basically everything so that actually makes sense with why he would have liked the Boss.

Well the wider and sharper the rim, the more sensitive the disc is the changes in flight from damage even if it is in premium plastic. I'd imagine the Nuke can get flippy like a Boss with wear.

As much as I love the Boss, I've gotten a bit leery of them. Innova seems to be making Bosses with that blizzard-y champion plastic lately and I hate that stuff. The plastic has a rough texture and the discs are coming out flat. They glide poorly and are super beefy. I really loved the Feldberg champs. Those were made out of gorgeous clear plastic and had great flight characteristics. Star Bosses are fun to mess with too, but they can get flippy.

I fully agree the Boss (champion or star) wears faster and more erratically than a Destroyer.

I bag both a Boss and Destroyer and find myself reaching for the Destroyer more often. The Boss is probably 20-30' longer for me, but a bit more erratic, flexier flight.

If I had to pick Boss or Nuke, I'd take Nuke. I think Discraft's Z plastic has been better overall lately than Innova's champion. Nukes are outstanding long range bombers and I think Discraft does a good job making them at least somewhat consistent. Obviously there are some very overstable Nukes around. Tis and FLX Zs.

I think tomorrow I'm going to play on the course with an ESP Force in the bag and see how it compares to a Nuke and Destroyer. I haven't thrown one in a while and I need a refresher.

Last edited:
I don't see him throwing the Force as far as a star Destroyer. The rim is much deeper and the Force isn't as fast as a Destroyer.

Per PDGA tech specs...
Force is 1.2cm deep; 2.3cm wing width
Destroyer is 1.2cm deep; 2.2cm wing width
...??

Per PDGA tech specs...
Force is 1.2cm deep; 2.3cm wing width
Destroyer is 1.2cm deep; 2.2cm wing width
...??

PDGA rounds specs to 1mm. Force feels noticeably deeper to me too.

I just measured 2 Star and one Gstar Destroyers at ~1.20cm, and one Z Force at ~1.25cm. So a difference of 0.5mm.

My calipers are not accurate to 0.1mm but it's very clearly a difference of ~0.5mm and I can easily feel it.

I want to see their sales data for the zombee over the last few days :)

Well they've either sold a bunch or they didn't have many. Because stock is huge for the zombee.

I've had two, lost one, almost aced with another. It was a fun Disc I'd revisit.

Well the wider and sharper the rim, the more sensitive the disc is the changes in flight from damage even if it is in premium plastic. I'd imagine the Nuke can get flippy like a Boss with wear.

Yes.. I think those molds are comparable in wear as well either one with too much nose down or torque will squirrely out and the angles are less linear for adjustment, you are better off throwing it flat and let it turn as opposed to anhyzer. Nuke has less hss than a Destroyer or Force but depending on run, plh and wear the Nuke and Force are on either side of the Destroyer stability wise so neither is a direct replacement... out of the box.

Did anyone else feel ripped off when Paul threw all his shots on a hyzer bias? Kinda the safe road, not a full flight so he didn't burn any of em...

Too lazy to go back but it said mids coming ******** at the end of the driver video. Pretty sure it said January.

I really hope they do putters and mids in one video. But they won't; they have to extend the hype. He better at least be munching on a barbecue sammich while filming...

Latest posts