• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

Very simple and "clean" loggo

mcbethproto_b.jpg

I still can't see how the JB/rubber blend plastic is going to be extra firm. Excited to fondle some when they hit stores. Grippy should be a given.

Are these official, though?

I think so, the picture is from a Swedish discgolf store. . and i think the pictures are supplied from Discraft.
And the disc is named "Proto Putter Jawbreaker Paul McBeth". .

The store i use will only get 30pc of the putter and 50 each of the other Sig series

Looks like the Signature series is stamped "first run"

buzzpb1_b.jpg

zonepb1_b.jpg

A little bird told me the Luna is a "modified Roach".

I'm guessing it'll be the Roach with a flattened wing from the PLH down, rather than the bullet-nosed convex wing. So, very Aviar-ish.

I'm guessing it'll be the Roach with a flattened wing from the PLH down, rather than the bullet-nosed convex wing. So, very Aviar-ish.

Those bastages are gonna make me try one if it's a modified Roach. Hopefully they'll run the basic Roach in the new plastic too. My bet is they'll price his signature putter in the $18 retail range, and it will be a mid grade plastic, because they can.

Those bastages are gonna make me try one if it's a modified Roach. Hopefully they'll run the basic Roach in the new plastic too. My bet is they'll price his signature putter in the $18 retail range, and it will be a mid grade plastic, because they can.

Oh, I'm definitely going to try a McBeth putter, as long as the plastic is as firm or firmer than Jawbreaker...

I wonder why he chose those plastics?

The Zone in Z. . as far as i know all Paul´s approach disc has been in a Star type plastic ( S-line P2, Aviar3, Aviar X3 )

And Z force. . wht not ESP?

Feels like a big switch in plastic types:

Star Aviar X3 to Z zone.
Champion Mako3 to ESP Buzzz
Champion Teebird3 to Ti Undertaker

Dont really know what the FORCE replaces. . X-cal?

My guess is the Force will be in the bag about as long as it takes for a run of unusually beefy Kongs to appear, and then he will have a full cycle of Kongs just like he had Destroyers.

And that's not taking anything away from the Force. I love the Force, I bag them myself, but that's just what I anticipate happening.

I wonder why he chose those plastics?

The Zone in Z. . as far as i know all Paul´s approach disc has been in a Star type plastic ( S-line P2, Aviar3, Aviar X3 )

And Z force. . wht not ESP?

As far as I could tell Paul never really cared about matching plastics other than how it flies and the durability. He had champ and McPro mids generally, at some point he even had a star Roc3 in the bag a while ago because those can be stable. Lots of champ fairways because they last, especially for his OS stuff, and he throws so hard he wants his Teebirds to be a bit more stable and durable. Then for high speed stuff star makes sense for wear pattern. So really it seems like he chooses for the properties of each disc or category rather than matching plastics for feel.

He's not one of those people like Doss who bags the same thing for years, he seems like he can change his setup the week of a tourney and not care too much other than a few key discs he trusts.

Paul posted some pretty esp forces today. Kind of frustrates me because they are literally sold out everywhere and I have been been trying to find a 165-170 esp force for like 3 months now and it seems impossible. Also, where are the Kongs?

It's like he wants to bag the Comet, but I could see him bagging a Buzzz SS over it.

And it seems like he has the Buzzz figured out now.

Latest posts