• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What would be innova's "PA4" ?

dekdo

Double Eagle Member
I was thinking of doing an all innova bag just for ****s and the one disc I cant seem to replace would be the Prodigy Pa4.

Any suggestions? In terms of feel, the whale might be close.. but more stability i believe.

I was thinking of doing an all innova bag just for ****s and the one disc I cant seem to replace would be the Prodigy Pa4.

Any suggestions? In terms of feel, the whale might be close.. but more stability i believe.

Are you looking for flight or feel more?

I've felt up PA3s before and the Whale would be a decent putter stand in for that. Innova doesn't have a Magic/Pa4 feeling disc. I like the XD suggestion though, that would be close. Wedge also but it's much faster.

There isn't one that feels similar. A good beat up DX Aviar would be it flight wise, and at least a little closer feeling that the Dart or Aero.

I personally think the nova does basically the same thing as the pa4...

I agree about the nova, it is more of a tailwind situation disc for me.
Noticed Barsby was putting a Nova recently for windy putts, and I don't know why he does that .. I noticed they weren't going in for him very much. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with the Nova or switches to something else.

Judge by the numbers, not feel or experience, the new colt seems promising.

But honestly buy an evo magic, flies like a proto pa4 and those were the best anyway. Feel is almost identical. Try an all gateway bag :p

The Colt looks like it has a large bead on it where the PA4 doesn't have one.

Premium plastic Aero is probably my favorite disc to throw. Champ runs were candy and tip top throwers. Star is shockingly stable and is super reliable. I loved PA4s, but hated the baseline durability.

All Aeros are sick discs tbh. I doubt I could play a round without my beat up DX Aero. It's 167 and is the finesse king.

So while the Aero feels nothing like the PA4, the flight is mesmerizing to watch(read float monster.) And the disc is very predictable. It only likes a smooth controlled throw, but I promise a few Aero only round will make you a better player.

I used to have a DX aero. Cool flight but way too domey.
Used to have a pa4 and it sucked.
Don't see any resemblance

I used to have a DX aero. Cool flight but way too domey.
Used to have a pa4 and it sucked.
Don't see any resemblance

Of course you don't. They don't look anything alike?

Your PA4 didn't suck. You just didn't like it. No bad discs. Only bad throws.

Both are pretty stable flights. PA4 is has a more OS finish, but even then it isn't anything other than straight at low speeds and flipping at power.