• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you throw for this hole?

SirRaph

Double Eagle Member
There's a hole on my local course that's given me a lot of trouble.

It's 310' from tee to pin. It's a tunnel shot for the most part, with only about 40-50' of fairway width to play with. After 285', it open up, with the pin off to the right side, about 50' out of view. There's a drop off after the pin, downhill, leading into muddy nasty water.

What you gots? :)

Hyzer flip a seasoned dx cheetah. If I power down a little, I can get mine to flip up dead straight for about 285' then slowly turn right for another 20'ish, so it could work perfectly.

With 40-50 ft of fairway, it sounds like there is a bit of room to work. I'm trying to visualize where the drop off is (behind or to the right) But it sounds like I'd rather be short.

I'd probably throw a Roc on an anny (RHBH), maybe a beat DX Eagle on a higher anny if there is room. I'd come up a bit short, but should get around the corner a bit and at least have a putt.

Really does sound like a good RHFH hole, if the pin is that far back to the right.

I'd use my beat to hell champ Monarch, hyzerflipped of course. If I had more trust in my Comet (or if I had the Comet I lost :mad: ) I'd throw it.

SL RHFH like others have said, throw it straight and let it fade.

I would throw a variety of discs, i think that a mid is the easiest to keep low and straight, with minimal fade at the end because the basket is on the right. I assume you are a RHBH player. Other option is throw a putter, it might leave a 30-40ft putt though.

I would probably sidearm my Star Destroyer....
toc.jpg

Tunnel is probably 30ft tall. Roller not possible as the grass has been worn away by foot traffic, and there are a lot of roots exposed.

Latest posts