• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

Dx Aviar P&A's

x Comets

Never going anywhere but in my bag.

Teebird, firebird, buzzz, xd

I love the feel of the meteor(3 years in the bag) and the zone (just recently added) and they haven't left recently but they aren't staple shots in my bag. Firebird isn't even a stable shot, almost feel I could have a whole bag of just teebird buzzz xd and could perform most every shot I need. Would need different levels of beat in the xd but if I had a fresh and a beat one it wouldn't be too bad.

XXX

(confession, I've taken it out before temporarily, and regretted it)

Well... I still carry it in my big bag, but I've been having a lot of fun with my all MVP/Axiom set up recently.

At this point I do feel more confident in saying Envy though.

Also, while it rotates in and out, I will likely always throw a Stalker. It was the first new disc I bought, and while I've lost a few, I still have 3 right now that I throw often.

Where my star sidewinder is right now in wear, its my go-to driver for hyzer flips, straight drives, or sweeping annys that only fade out a little at the end. Thats not going anywhere.

TP Claymore because I love the dye job and it shapes lines like none of my other mids. It disc I reach for on stand-still throws.
Special Edition Leopard - released flat its sailing out straight, turning right and finishing right. Hyzer flip, its going straight longer and turning over to go right a while and fading forward.

KC Pro Roc - because these cycle beautifully and feel great in the hand

I would have said SSS Wizard last year. This year I've been grabbing different putters just to try what I have, and I've lost that feel for the right putter.

Looking at my bag, not much has changed over the years. Teebirds, leopards, banshee. Comets and Roc, and an Ion for putting duties. I'd guess it's been that way for close to 5 years.

Other than the Envy giving the Rhyno the boot this past winter, I think the only thing I've done is added some distance stuff after discing down for a couple years. (Destroyer, PD, Mamba)

Champ Firebird & 3 Buzzes, the rest of my bag underwent a complete overhaul last year. I'm thinking my 4 Outlaws won't be going anywhere now either...

Blowfly II (for straight, anny, and shots needed just a little bit of fade)
Blowfly (for headwinds, stronger hyzer, and when more fade is needed at the end)
(Yes, they DO fly differently!)

I am currently bagging a 150g Champ TB, a 150g StarLite TB, and a 165g Star TL. If the TL counts as a Teebird, then I think that I am safe to say that some form of Teebird will never leave my bag. The TL itself might never leave my bag, but I don't think that I could say for sure that the TB would survive the release of a Fission Shock.

If the Fission Volt that I just ordered works the way I expect, then Volts will be consistent from now on.

I have added my Amp back to my bag. Given the new Plasma, and hopefully Fission in the future, that may never again leave my bag.

Saint-River combo. I may eventually add a Sword or something to top them off, but I can hit most my drives with these two in varied weights and degrees of wear.

I used to say Predator (for about 9 years I said predator) but I always had the love for the PD, but didn't carry it because the predator it it all too, better on the OS end, and worse on the control end.

Now the PD isn't going anywhere. I can compliment it with whichever flavor OS driver I choose (currently XXX, which isn't going anywhere anytime soon). The FD isn't going anywhere either.

So I guess current answer is PD and FD. Everything else is pretty solid right now, but replaceable.

Resistor. My home course has several holes that it is just perfect. Go straight, make a hard right at the end (RHFH).

I don't see myself dropping Wizards any time soon.

Aeros are the most fun disc to throw imo. Such a slow flight. I will probably keep them in the bag for a while.

I love Roc3s, but am pretty sure that when I run out of my flat ones(mostly 1x's) I won't ever be able to find flat replacements.

Everything else seems pretty replaceable. Rival = TB. Patriot = Leo. PD = ThB. Escape = Valk? So glad that we have so many options for discs now.

Last year I posted Fuse, but really nothing is really that essential.

Sorry Fuse! ;)

Truth.
Felon.
Warship.

Unless the Bard actually manages to kick it, Verdict.

This is still pretty accurate but I would add River, Seer and Harp.

I have a hard time listing distance drivers because there are so many and it doesnt seem to matter as much. I can pick up a D1, Destroyer, King, Trespass, Sorcerer, Sword, Katana, Tern, or a dozen other discs and be pretty comfortable throwing pretty far.

The distance drivers I'm most attached to would be King, Giant and Trespass bcz I like them more consistently and tend to throw them more consistently than a lot of other molds.

The Bard did NOT kick out the Verdict ftr.

Last year I posted Fuse, but really nothing is really that essential.

Sorry Fuse! ;)

I remember when I lost my TM Fuse; it was a good disc. Can't say I ever found a disc that performed as predictably as that fellow for anhyzers.

Champion rhynos, Champion eagles, and FAF firebirds. 3 unique discs that I cant find with any other manufacturer.

- The Harp was close but didn't feel as good in my hand without the thumbtrac and was a little tougher to range.
- I had high hopes for the the Spark but it feels too awkward. Fat, flat edge like the Trident or some the Prodigy H series stuff. Heard some of the DD pros say it was a little beefier almost like a Felon. (Sampo might turn out to be a decent alternative when it comes out.)
- The Felon wasn't bad but a little too gummy/flexible for my taste.