• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] What's next on your MVP (or Axiom) wishlist?

I think that is what is actually going on. Not on purpose mind you, but it still shows up on the chart for various molds, Champ to Star. Don't even get me started on Dx. Have you laid a Dx beast on a flat surface lately? :lol:

Right, not on purpose, which was my point. I've never owned a DX Beast...Pro and Champ, yes. And sure, different plastics mold up differently, with different PLH.

I am so glad for it too. Especially with Terns and TeeBirds. I need to find out if a Star Leo would compliment my Champ that does not fly -2/1 at all.

I am so glad for it too. Especially with Terns and TeeBirds. I need to find out if a Star Leo would compliment my Champ that does not fly -2/1 at all.

Probably, because some champ Leopard's aren't understable at all, like you say. Especially the domey ones, IME.

An Ion with a normal shaped rim. That weird curve is crazy.

There's a great way of viewing the Ion and Anode curved inner rim vs the now conventional inner rim on their newer putters. Go to MVP's site and look at the cut-away views of the Ion, Anode, and Atom.

seriously the next person who complains about an ions inner rim has to post pictures of their fingers.

my fingertips are curved, not sure what everyone elses situation is...

ugh

I never even realized the ion had that type of rim. two years of ignorance.

I think the issue with the curved inner rim is one of preference. I tried, and hated, Ions twice before I gave them enough time and effort to really get used to it. Therein lies the problem: why would Joe Average, or even Joe Pro, go through the hassle when there are dozens of other great options that don't have a "learning" curve just to get used to the feel?

Now that the Atom/Proxy/Envy class of discs are out, there is something for everyone, but don't bank on the inner rim changing. I think we'd see a deep dish lid with a standard rim long before they mess with existing molds.

I started with an Ion and Anode as my first putters so it never was an issue cause I didn't know any different. I love the feel of the Envy/Proxy, but it hasn't made me not like the Ion/Anode feel. They are too good to ever go oop. Just stop it, stop it already, you crazy. Crazy!!

I honestly am not crazy about the curved inner rim of the Ion, but it's not difficult to deal with. Just takes some getting used to.

I started with an Ion and Anode as my first putters so it never was an issue cause I didn't know any different.

To this point, I think that you could make the case that the rim on the ion and anode is actually a superior design, if you're coming from a totally clean slate. Unfortunately, they feel too different from everything else on the market that most people are already used to. Its a shame because they're really outstanding molds.

Still hoping for a stupid OS putter, Like a resistor with an envy core.....a zone killer.

I could get with an OS putter. I want a better OS mid more though. I guess an OS Envy would basically count as a mid, so I would take it.

Latest posts