• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's on your discs to demo list?

Runnin Valkyrie

Bogey Member
Which discs would you most like to try out soon? (I apologize if this thread has been done before, I didn't see one for a few pgs. back)

For me:

Discraft ESP Flash
Discraft Z & ESP Surge 1st run & prod. run
Discraft ESP FLX Buzz
Discraft Puttr
Discraft Rattler
Innova Star & Champion Teebird
Innova Champion Coyote

And I am wondering what an SOLF and MOLF refer to? Possibly like to try those out as well. Any thoughts on this list are also welcome. Such as - glide on flx buzz, flight of a seasoned esp surge, grip and control on the puttr and rattler.

SOLF= sirius orion long fade
MOLF = millennium (or base plastic (innova pro) orion long fade

My disc to demo list is:
Star Eagle X
Star Whippet X
various putters for up shots

my cfr glow tl's and tbizzles when they get here from sunking.

promptly after i remove that horrid disc golf cruise stamp

i've always been curious about the StarEagleX but have sworn to myself to not change my bag again. for a long time.

i'm definately liking eagle-x discs now. I'm very surprized that I like the star model as I typically don't like that plastic. I'll never throw a teebird or tl so long as I can get eagle-x discs.

ESP Surge - instead of Star / Pro Orcs
ESP Pulse - just for the hell of it...they feel nice in the hand
Gummy QMS - I feel that my midrange game is the only "solid" part of my game and I don't necessarilly need any new discs...but it just feels so nice in my hand, I can't pass it up :D
Champ TL - instead of Champ TB...just curious to see the difference

SOLS

Looking for a Max D/Understable driver to complement my OLFs, and Diablo DT just isn't predictable enough for me.

I'd like to try a pro or champ destroyer. And I've got a QOLF on the way i cant wait to toss. I can't think of much else besides that and looking forward to a few discs breaking in.

stormcsut said:
And I've got a QOLF on the way i cant wait to toss.

I used to throw QOLFs, and they're awesome pure distance drivers as long as you don't have a headwind to deal with...they're a little flippy into the wind. The plastic is what I loved the most...just like old CE stuff 8)

Parks said:
SOLS

Looking for a Max D/Understable driver to complement my OLFs, and Diablo DT just isn't predictable enough for me.

I finally picked up a couple of these after having thrown the SOLF as my main stable distance driver for several months(and loving it!).

Got two at 172g and I'm loving them so far... Not only are they useful for a huge crank that will roll them over into a long anny or S, but I found I could throw really nice long deep hyzers with them if given enough height.

I also get the feeling that if I can eventually really beat one in, it would make a tremendous long distance roller as well.

Overall, the SOLS is really an excellent companion to the SOLF- very similar hand feel, with controllable high-speed understability and a good deal less low speed fade.

The discs I want to demo now are mostly midranges- all of the Millenium mids, as well as some understable mids(Kite, Squall, amongst others).

Looking for a new control driver instead of the tbird. In the spring I'm going to buy a few DX Gazelles and SEX's, and have a shootout.
I'm pretty set with the rest of my bag.

Desafinado said:
I also get the feeling that if I can eventually really beat one in, it would make a tremendous long distance roller as well.

Bingo! My go-to roller is a beaten-in (about a year's worth of abuse) SOLS...good for almost any kind of backhand roller (sky roller, low ceiling, etc) Got my first 500+ foot roller with it a few weeks ago (and that's not message board distance ;) )

I kind of want to try the Star Destroyer, but only because it's called a Star Destroyer. If Millennium ever makes a disc called the Falcon I'll be all over that one, too.

I really would like to try a Sonic but I have a stack of matched weight DX Classic Rocs that I really like to putt with...

Z or ESP Wasp
Star Eagle
DX Sonic - for grins and giggles, nothing will replace my Wizards for putting until I run out of them and Gateway quits making them. Might be a good warm up catch disc.
Also might try out more 150 class stuff this year.

RustyP said:
Gummy QMS - I feel that my midrange game is the only "solid" part of my game and I don't necessarilly need any new discs...but it just feels so nice in my hand, I can't pass it up :D

The surge is nice, but I wouldn't necessarily get rid of orcs to throw it. The surge is slightly flippier and longer, but the orc has a better late fade. As for the pro orc, get rid of it. Way too flippy and unreliable. The surge can definitely beat that one. The star and champion orcs are great though.

Try the pulse. You'll like it.

twmccoy said:
RustyP said:

The surge is nice, but I wouldn't necessarily get rid of orcs to throw it. The surge is slightly flippier and longer, but the orc has a better late fade. As for the pro orc, get rid of it. Way too flippy and unreliable. The surge can definitely beat that one. The star and champion orcs are great though.

Try the pulse. You'll like it.

Rusty has no torque. He can throw unstable plastic and it does not turn over.