• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whats the best Innova disc's

This is what I throw now.
Sonic
Groove
Beast
Star Boss
r pro Boss

Hmmm... besides the Sonic, I would trade off the rest of the bag if you are having trouble... I don't throw any of them backhand... (star Boss is my forehand driver...).

If you're looking for a solid bag to get started...

Sonic or Aviar putter... heavy
Roc (DX or KC Pro)... heavy
Teebird... light to mid weight
Leopard... (DX or champ)... about 170gms...

(You could just get a Polaris LS instead of the Teebird and Leopard.)

If you feel you have to have a big driver... Orion LF (any plastic)

If you don't really have a big arm, but want a longer range driver... Sidewinder or Roadrunner (all plastics are good in these molds).

Once you get control and consistency out of 4 or 5 good molds, buy (I'd ask to borrow from friends first) some to experiment with.

That's my 2 cents...

I'm looking for a Roc like driver.

Snag a Gazelle or Cyclone. It will feel weird if your playing with your friends who are using Destroyers and Wraiths but you'll learn these discs quickly and soon be putting fairway discs right next to their MAX DISTANCE DRIVER!

I'm now able to get my Ridge next to my buddies destroyer...

Teebird

end of thread

Agreed. If you can learn to throw a Teebird straight, you can learn to work with anything from there. If you want a longer flying disc that you can get big "S" shots out of try a Firebird. Firebirds won't do anything out of the ordinary (flip over uncontrollably) and are actually one of my most reliable discs.

..leopard, tee bird, firebird, aviar, and the Roc

I'd say
Eagle
Valykrie
Surge ss
Those are the 3 I used when I started out to develope the right technique. I now throw about 425 and I have been playing for just over 2 years. Once you have the technique down you can make any disc do what you want. You can move up to the big guns ie boss later

The popular Innova discs are popular because they're predictable and steady...

Aviar (putts)
Shark (multi purpose)
Roc (multi purpose)
Teebird (control driver)
Eagle (control driver)
Wraith (overstable driver)
Beast (understable driver)

I like

Nothing wrong with the beast, but the rest of what you throw can leave your bag. Pick and choose from the list Garu said. You can do well with:

Aviar
Roc
Teebird
Eagle
Sidewinder

I think that a Leopard is a great disc to start driving with, even before a Teebird... It will teach you how to throw a driver, and to get everything out of a specific disc (if the Roc hasn't already done that).

That said, A Teebird is a great step up, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you can throw a Teebird (champ is my preference) straight and where you want, a good step up from THAT would be an Orc... my favorite distance driver out there! (Wraith is a close second)

I think that a Leopard is a great disc to start driving with, even before a Teebird... It will teach you how to throw a driver, and to get everything out of a specific disc (if the Roc hasn't already done that).

That said, A Teebird is a great step up, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you can throw a Teebird (champ is my preference) straight and where you want, a good step up from THAT would be an Orc... my favorite distance driver out there! (Wraith is a close second)

scratch the sidewinder from my list and put the leopard there. Forgot about it somehow :/

My faves are Valks, Rocs and Rhynos. Love Panthers, Spiders, Gators, and Sharks too, and also dig Eagles and Teebirds. I have small hands, so I kind of lost touch when the Orcs and Wraiths took over. I had problems releasing Aviars, so the Rhyno's thumtrac was great for me. I wish other putters had it. They have a lot of mids I haven't tried, but nothing seems to have improved upon the KC Roc. They just beat into a nice smooth straight flyer.

I just ordered a Makko... Its supposed to hold a great line as a multi-purpose disc.

Putter ----- Rhyno (floppy pro if you can find)
Mids ----- KC Roc
Fairway---- Teebird and/ Leopard (together are a great combo)
Driver ---- Wraith and Roadrunner

Utility ----- Panther / really beat up roc

...mmmmmm.....now that's a good starter bag.

...when anyone with that bag gets more power, throw a firebird in there.

IMO those are some of innovas best discs

The popular Innova discs are popular because they're predictable and steady...

Aviar (putts)
Shark (multi purpose)
Roc (multi purpose)
Teebird (control driver)
Eagle (control driver)
Wraith (overstable driver)
Beast (understable driver)

I like

This is a really good list but it doesn't have plastic type. I'd modify it a bit.

Roc (multi purpose)-Kc or Dx
Wraith (overstable driver) try to find a gummy Pro
I'd add an Orc to the list also, in star plastic.

Latest posts