• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] what's your favorite putter?

I should probably make it clear that I do use a selected few putters for playing a round for consistency reasons. I use one slightly worn classic aviar and one fresh one for all my putts, an omega ss for most approaches, and a Dart and kcp for drives depening on what stability I'm looking for. But I've bought a lot of other molds such as a wizard ss, classic roc, aviar p&a, magnet (pro d and soft), just to practice, experiment, and just have fun with. And I've really grown to love all of them. I also get all of these (and not just putters) for teaching purposes. Disc golf isn't very popular in the small town I live in so I practice with a lot of molds to help people make informed disc selection

My favorite putter is... Well that seems to change probably every other month or so. I have fun switching it up, it HELPS my game as well!

For my small hands, the Lat64 spike has boosted my putting confidence 100 percent, low glide, low profile, small diameter. I couldn't ask for more in a putter. Very neutral flight, they don't fade off too early

Blowfly for putting, and gumputt for approaches. For me, softer putters seem to grab chains better, and if you do miss, they don't seem to bounce off the basket as far, or skip and roll when they hit the ground. Also, the blowfly and gumputt both float in water. For approaches, if you bang a tree, they don't hit and fly off, they just sit.

I love wizards too. If I were to play a putter round I'd take my S wizard for sure.

I have however also switched over to flat top rhynos. I dig the stability, the lack of glide, the shallow rim AND the thumbtrak. :thmbup:

I haven't tried a lot of plastics but I'm beating in my DX and my flat champ is a reliable performer.

I currently bag a beat DX and 2 of the new pro rhynos from the innova pro shop. throw like bricks.

never seen/thrown an actual flat top champ... I'm begining to think they don't exist, I've only seen super domey.

Blowfly for putting, and gumputt for approaches. For me, softer putters seem to grab chains better, and if you do miss, they don't seem to bounce off the basket as far, or skip and roll when they hit the ground. Also, the blowfly and gumputt both float in water. For approaches, if you bang a tree, they don't hit and fly off, they just sit.

This is why I use the Blowfly II. :thmbup: Gotta be careful of its glide though. I also use it for a lot of my approaches and sometimes, on shorter holes, drive with it off the tee. I've overthrown 200' holes with it. And on putts, I don't know how many times I've decided to use something else that time and wished I hadn't when it bounced out of the chains... :|

I putt with Soles (or Wizards, been bouncing back and forth).

That being said, my favorite putter is the VP. Most useful disc in my bag.

This is why I use the Blowfly II. :thmbup: Gotta be careful of its glide though. I also use it for a lot of my approaches and sometimes, on shorter holes, drive with it off the tee. I've overthrown 200' holes with it. And on putts, I don't know how many times I've decided to use something else that time and wished I hadn't when it bounced out of the chains... :|

we have a local pro up here in the mitt that putts with a blowflyII and sinks everything 60 and in... he pisses me off..

Bounced between MVP and Vibram over the past 9 months.

For now I have settled on the Medium Ridge for in the circle putting (to be honest that is 100% of putts, anything longer is an approach shot). Comfortable in the hand and doesn't wobble. Basically works with my spin/pitch style.
The Medium VP is my main approach disc. Prefer to hyzer the disc in and have it stick.

What the future holds? Would like to try a firmer putter. May a KC Pro Aviar. I'll see if I can borrow one.

I'm torn my favorite disc for putting it in the basket is easily a Wizard, but my focitite approach disc is probably the trusty Rhyno.

McPro Aviars because I love how beadless Aviars fly. When you push putt them flat they have no fade. And after putting with McPros, I can't stand how soft DXs feel. I realize how much more distance I get with a firmer putter when push putting.

KC Aviars for spin putting when I know I'm too far to push putt confidently (outside 30). Big bead aviars definitely fade more, but that's how I've always spin putted, so I just know to aim those to the right of the basket.