• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your putting swagger?

What's your putting swagger? (See 1st post)

• Mr. Jab Snapper

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Mr. Freeze

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Fidgeter

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Artisan

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Mr. Tai Chi

Votes: 93 29.1%
  • The Multi-tasker

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • The Sumo

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Mr. Nonchalant

Votes: 37 11.6%
  • Mr. Common

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Mr. Handbook

Votes: 26 8.1%

• Total voters
I start by multi-tasking, then I fidget with my pants, glasses, and hat, then I Mr. Common it. Mr Freeze comes out when my mental game isn't there.

Yeah, good thread. I put Mr. Freeze and Common. In other words, I have a very ordinary routine without any crazy motions or even warmup swings (I think?), but I have a definite Freeze before the putt.

Now on to the pros:
MJ is Mr. Nonchalant, maybe with a tiny bit of Freeze
McBeth is the Artisan, but I'm not sure what to say about that back foot wiggle
Sexton? not sure
Wysocki?
Others?

I watched Ron Russell putt a lot in the late '90s and wound up doing that arm thing he does in the air without looking at the basket, but I (a) flick my wrist harder to remember to spin it well, (b) actually look up, take one deep breath like a baseball closer and look at one link of a chain, (c) hold the putter's face between my one open eye and the basket then aim toward the middle of that visual when I release, and (d) make about half the putts Ron Russell would have, which actually ain't bad.

Yeah, good thread. I put Mr. Freeze and Common. In other words, I have a very ordinary routine without any crazy motions or even warmup swings (I think?), but I have a definite Freeze before the putt.

Now on to the pros:
MJ is Mr. Nonchalant, maybe with a tiny bit of Freeze
McBeth is the Artisan, but I'm not sure what to say about that back foot wiggle
Sexton? not sure
Wysocki?
Others?

Sexton is 100% Fidget. Disc spins, finger licks, etc.

Wysocki I think is a subdued Tai Chi with some Sumo. Definitely not Mr. Handbook, ha ha.

Eagle is an interesting hybrid of Freeze, Artisan and Jabber. He actually looks like he paws at the basket with his putter like a playful cat sometimes.

Ulibarri is textbook Artisan.

Simon is very Nonchalant.

Sexton is 100% Fidget. Disc spins, finger licks, etc.

Wysocki I think is a subdued Tai Chi with some Sumo. Definitely not Mr. Handbook, ha ha.

Eagle is an interesting hybrid of Freeze, Artisan and Jabber. He actually looks like he paws at the basket with his putter like a playful cat sometimes.

Ulibarri is textbook Artisan.

Simon is very Nonchalant.

Any new 'swagger styles' in the last 7 years?

Any new 'swagger styles' in the last 7 years?

Good question. I feel like there have been some hybrids of styles that stand alone as their own species of swagger, like Frozen and Artisan. Ice Sculpturer perhaps?

Kevin Jones has a style I see a lot more common now, especially on jump-putts. I deem it: Froggy.

I start off with The Fidgeter, then go into a good slice of Artisan/Mr Freeze all whilst being textbook handbook guy. Then I miss and three putt.

Great thread.

I'm a Mr. Common-Artisan. I always mark my lie. I always make sure my stance is legal. After I find the Perfect Spot to grip, I raise up my putter to eye-level and find my 2-square-inch section of the chains, visualize it going in for a second, inhale/exhale, then go. It doesn't take as long as it probably sounds.

Sexton? not sure

Mr Pancake
Or Mr Pizza Dough

With all of the putter flipping it something unique.

Once in a blue moon I will break out the Sexton flip when I need to take my mind off putting for a second or two to clear my head.

Mr. Jab Snapper and Mr. Tai Chi here. I keep the snap consistent and use body motion depending on distance

I'm thinking we need to add The Robot, or maybe it would be called The Priest. Step up, go through very specific, precise set of motions to activate muscle memory, then putt. This is my goal.

I'm thinking we need to add The Robot, or maybe it would be called The Priest. Step up, go through very specific, precise set of motions to activate muscle memory, then putt. This is my goal.

Yeah, I'm a bit of the Priest as well. While holding my putter in the off hand, I go through the putting motion, ending with a slight pause, hand extended toward the basket, like I'm blessing it.

I feel like that's a common one.

A not so common one, is my buddies. He puts his head down, closes his eyes, exhales then holds perfectly still for a good 5 seconds like he's meditating. Then he comes out of it abruptly, with a quick spin/snap putt!

I'm a multi tasker and mr. freeze. I need something in my off-hand otherwise I can't putt. It just feels weird. Usually it's another putter, but if I don't have a putter on me I'll grab another disc, or a towel, or a drink, anything.

Latest posts