• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your putting swagger?

What's your putting swagger? (See 1st post)

• Mr. Jab Snapper

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Mr. Freeze

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Fidgeter

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Artisan

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Mr. Tai Chi

Votes: 93 29.1%
  • The Multi-tasker

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • The Sumo

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Mr. Nonchalant

Votes: 37 11.6%
  • Mr. Common

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Mr. Handbook

Votes: 26 8.1%

• Total voters

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I think most pre-putt routines boil down to these styles. Which kind(s) do you fall under. :)

(poll coming)

Mr. Jab snapper: jerk your arm repeatedly and faster than Ali in his prime.

Mr. Freeze: Stand and stare motionless at the basket before putting.

The Fidgeter: The putter that looks like a baseball closer on crack, can't stop touching his cap, adjusting, etc.

The Artisan: Holds his disc out in front of him like he just carved it out of wood or stone and is admiring/examining his craftsmanship. (common among straddle putters)

Mr. Tai Chi: Stagger/in-line putter with exaggerated weight transfer motions.

The Multi-tasker: Almost always something in his off hand (bag, disc, phone, beer, etc.)

The Sumo: Related to Mr. Tai Chi, squats ridiculously low in his straddle putt, like he's doing a horse stance in kung fu.

Mr. Nonchalant: No warm-up, steps up to the lie with his putter and putts, no hesitation.

Mr. Common: Related to Mr. Nonchalant except he actually pauses and thinks before his putt.

Mr. Handbook: Always uses his mini, makes sure his foot is perfectly behind his lie.

haha great thread!

im defiantly The Artisan with maybe a touch of tai chi. after too many beers i turn into the multi-tasker.

All tai-chi on my part :) .... as for the "weight transfer motions" you nailed it there, I even developed a jump-putt this year that I use for 100 ft.+

although i show signs of mr. handbook and mr. freeze

Awesome. I went with Artisan, especially since I "paint" the pole a couple of times before I throw, but I think I'm more of an Artisan/Handbook combo because I ALWAYS use the mini even in solo casual rounds.

I was just laughing reading through all of those descriptions. Good work Dave. I think I had to claim three for myself. The Artisan, Tai Chi and Handbook though I do not always use my mini but the disc from my previous throw as the mini.

I would probably be MR Tai Chi, however I am actually surprised the Mr. Handbook is on there, I just assumed that anyone who played and was into the sport enough to spend time online reading or chatting about disc golf would be using a Mini on all the putts.

I would have to say between nonchalant and Mr. Common. Most of my long range putts that I make are just walk up and throw without thinking about it. Just need a fraction of a second to look at the basket and let it rip. The more I stand there and concentrate, the more I miss.

I would have to say between nonchalant and Mr. Common. Most of my long range putts that I make are just walk up and throw without thinking about it. Just need a fraction of a second to look at the basket and let it rip. The more I stand there and concentrate, the more I miss.

same here.

I voted Mr. Freeze. I do a couple of rocks and "throws" (waggles) but then go into a frozen Artisan position, rock back, bring the disc back and then throw. Maybe I should have voted Mr. Artisan but I don't straddle putt, and I stare at the basket not my finely carved disk.

Hey, it works...Nice titles, BTW.

Definitely Mr. Common. I get set up and in position, think about releasing at the right time and pick my target and then putt. If I take too long it's almost a guaranteed miss.

You forgot to list my stance:

Mr. Noob --- randomly chooses one of the above, usually mimicking the one the player before him used.

(and you forgot turbo putting stance)

You forgot to list my stance:

Mr. Noob --- randomly chooses one of the above, usually mimicking the one the player before him used.

(and you forgot turbo putting stance)

lol...gotta find your style!

The Artisan/Mr. Handbook. I am not anal about the rules but I do it so it is routine so I don't get wanked by some wanker at a tourney.

Mr Artisan
Mr Tai Chi
Mr Common

Step up, paint the target (hold out the disc) for a short time (common) and then weight transfer, even dipping down pretty low if it's far (Tai Chi). The weight transfer helps a lot for long putts, can hit up to 150' on a jump putt on a normal basis because of that.

I'm somewhere between Mr. Nonchalant and Mr. Common. I voted Mr. Nonchalant because that's when I putt best, without even thinking about it. Just grab my putter and put it in the basket.

I am a combo - Mr TaiMultiChiTasker. I take stand inline/staggered, take multiple putting stroke practice swings, and hold a disc in my off hand (to simulate/duplicate my first putt when I practice). This approach works well for me.....at least the times when the putter goes in. :D