• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your putting swagger?

What's your putting swagger? (See 1st post)

• Mr. Jab Snapper

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Mr. Freeze

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Fidgeter

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Artisan

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Mr. Tai Chi

Votes: 93 29.1%
  • The Multi-tasker

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • The Sumo

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Mr. Nonchalant

Votes: 37 11.6%
  • Mr. Common

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Mr. Handbook

Votes: 26 8.1%

• Total voters
I am a Fidgeter. Hate to admit it, but the more I think about it the more the truth comes out. Even if others can't see it, I do fidget before the putt.

When I'm putting well, it's Mr. Nonchalant. When things aren't going as well, I progress to Mr. Normal and, if the wheels completely fall off, Mr. Freeze.

I'm Mr TaiChi.
I always practice my throw before I putt, including an exaggerated weight transfer.
At least, that's what I'm doing this week...

this is a good thread.... me likey

im mr tai chi, i guess... sometimes with the ridiculous weight transfer forward, my back leg swings all the way infront of me, and to keep from stepping past my lie, I cross it over behind my front foot like a crane would... very tai chi.

nice thread Dave, though you forgot one. Mr. Pull-Out: the guy who walks up to his lie, does his thing and then for no apparent reason backs off and walks back up to his lie. Similar to a pitcher stepping off the mound. I would have voted for this one too.

As it happens I am a Artisan/Common. I step up, get my weight right and focus on my disc for a second while I think "aim small, miss small" then I look up, find a link to aim and go with very little hesitation. Unless of course I get something stuck in my head and I have to take a step back to clear the cobwebs. :eek:

What about Mr. OCD. He puts his ipod in his ear, marks his lie, kicks any rocks or sticks out of the way where his foot will go, checks the wind direction and speed by dropping some grass, inspects the basket for twisted chains and untwists any that are suspect, asks for all discs to be pulled and everything in his peripheral vision to be moved back, plants his feet and gives a few bounce squats just to make sure they are firmly planted, lifts his shorts up above his knees so they won't interfere with his leg movement during weight transfer, adjusts his hat, dries his hands and disc on his shirt, and then waits for the airplane to fly over and the wind to calm and then fires his putt.

What about Mr. OCD. He puts his ipod in his ear, marks his lie, kicks any rocks or sticks out of the way where his foot will go, checks the wind direction and speed by dropping some grass, inspects the basket for twisted chains and untwists any that are suspect, asks for all discs to be pulled and everything in his peripheral vision to be moved back, plants his feet and gives a few bounce squats just to make sure they are firmly planted, lifts his shorts up above his knees so they won't interfere with his leg movement during weight transfer, adjusts his hat, dries his hands and disc on his shirt, and then waits for the airplane to fly over and the wind to calm and then fires his putt.

........and then misses

I'm pretty much Mr. Fidgeter, as a friend of mine has told me this wasn't baseball and I'm no Joe Nathan(closer for the Twins) as I'm trying to putt.

I've added a lot of loft to my putts last couple times out n have really seen an improvement in all areas of my putting... plus I'm giving myself a chance on every putt not just the gimmes anymore (not to say I never knocked down a deep putt before)

I voted Mr Common, but there are subtle overtones of Mr. Tai Chi. Of course, my putting sucks, so maybe I should start implementing some of these other techniques.

You forgot to list my stance:

Mr. Noob --- randomly chooses one of the above, usually mimicking the one the player before him used.

(and you forgot turbo putting stance)

Good point, I almost listed something along those lines. This poll has nothing to do with your actual putting style but all the little idiosyncratic things you do before you putt, hence I didn't list turbo putting, anhyzer putting, flip putting, &.

:D Glad I came up with a good poll, I've been studying Katana's technique all month. ;)

PS, Mr. OCD is Mr Handbook. Should have been clearer on that one but it was late when I think this crap up.

SUMO baby and yes sometimes it looks like I have to poo

I'm a fidgeting sumo.

I'm straddle putting more often now and have always fidgeted.

Pulling up my shirt, adjusting shorts, checking footing, wiping off fingers, adjusting sunglasses, rechecking footing, aim, aim, aim, regrip disc, check aim, check footing, aim, throw. Maybe not every shot and I make it a point to get up there quick and get the putt off quick for the sake of speed of play. I hate being that guy that everyone has to wait for only for me to shank a 20 footer. I've been getting better at being Mr. Nonchalant and just going.

*backswing

Under 20 feet -- Mr. Nonchalant
If it's over 20 feet, I take just a moment to picture the flight path so I guess I become Mr. Common then.

Pretending I park most holes, I voted nonchalant in the poll.