• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to buy - Plymouth, MI area?

LittleWoodenBoy

Bogey Member
Since I'm back into disc golf after a 8 year hiatus, I'm looking to get a few new discs again.

I know there's a party store on six and Norhtville road (The Six & Park) that used to sell discs,

and there's another party store down North Territorial (towards Hudson Mills) that also used to sell.

any recommendations as to where I should buy some discs?

thanks

Isn't Discraft somewhere up there? (I honestly don't know where plymouth MI is haha)....I think volkgirl is from around there? maybe not?

Yeah, discraft home is near here...Wixom, MI, about 15 miles away.

but they don't sell directly, I don't think.

maybe someone can correct me on this

If you can't find any stores directly the internet has an abundance of resources where you can buy discs as well.

yeah, Online is probably smarter, but I want to go in a touch and feel, since I don't know exactly what I want yet.

Like I said, I have all my old discs, but the most recent one I have is from 1998, so, I'd like to see the variety for myself before picking up anything new.

do you ever make it across the state? Grand Rapids has the only brick and mortar disc golf store I know of in MI. Spinski's (sp?) is completely dedicated to the sport and has just about every disc you can imagine. There is also a lot of good disc golf courses on this side of the state so if you find your self over here you should check out both.

99% of my friends live in GR. I try to get there often, but haven't at all this summer yet.

I'll check it out if/when I get there. Thanks!

I've played Riverside (I think that's the name) a bunch, then Johnson and Brewer also, but not in about a decade.

I know there's a ton more courses everywhere since I last played. I learned the game at Grand Woods in Lansing, and have played there more then anywhere.

CJs ROCKS! I just stood there with my mouth hanging open. I've never seen that many discs and accessories all in the same place before! They have 2 FULL party store-sized walls with nothing but discs and I believe ALL manufacturers are represented.

Go to CJs! You won't be disappointed!!!! And play Hudson Mills courses while you're there, too.

Definitely take advantage of their buy 6, get 1 free if you can.

I went to CJ's yesterday at lunch (only 20 minutes from my work)

I didn't see anything advertising buy 6, get 1 free. but, I only had about $25 to blow. And yes, they had tons of discs, every brand...although I'm hometown proud, so I was only looking for Discraft.
they also have a lot of bags, baskets, and everything else imaginable.

I got a XPress, EliteX 174g. and a soft magnet.

I like my current magnet, but wanted an other one for practice purposes...I would love to have like 10 of them, but I'll build up over time, I'm sure.

thanks for suggestion though, glad I made the right choice in places to shop.

Yep CJ's rocks.. It was a bit of a drive from my house (Madison Heights city), but me and 3 friends usually go pretty far out on the weekends..

For the weekdays we go to firefighters' park in troy, michigan every day except mondays (league night, they take forever... and it's kinda small for the amount of people that come out). Fridays we go to Seymour (sp?) lake. Since one of our friends lives out there.

And then like I said, on the weekends we pick a decently far park that we haven't tried before, or one that we can spend all day at :p (like riverbends, addison oaks, stony, kensington) But last week we went to Hudson mills and heard about the CJ's party store so we had to hit it up.. Amazing selection of discs, highly recommended for anyone in the area!! Kensington had a store that wasn't so bad either.. 2nd biggest store next to CJ's.

So anyway through out my rambling of my useless rambling, my point is... for Michigan disc golfers, the places I know of are..

Cj's Party Store (near Hudson Mills) [biggest supply of discs i've ever seen.. I think they carry every kind of disc.. gateway/quest included.. they even sell turbo putter disc :p ]
The store near Kensington, forgot the name of the store though..
PlayItAgain stores near the area always have a great selection..

Worst one i've been to would be 7 Starr Party Store. They're nice people and stuff, but they don't really know anything about discs.. The only type of organization they have for discs is: Left Side of the aisle is Innova discs, and right side of the aisle is Discraft discs.. they're all just laying around on the shelves, if you want a specific disc you have to search thru 100's of other discs.. But if you have the time, and you're in the area, it's better than going a good 2 hours out of the way for another store.

There's a small store near Seymour lake that has a very very limited selection for discs, but they do have discs... They have a ton of rocs, for sure. And a couple other discs, whole selection prolly totals ~200 maybe.. including doubles.. They sell bags too, and a very limited selection of gateway discs.

and to some up this whole post in one sentence..

GO TO CJ'S FOR ANY DISC YOU WANT.

Latest posts