• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Famous Athlete would Dominate Disc Golf?

While Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson may turn out to be great at DG, I'm not sure I see pure athletic ability as the greatest indicator of skill here. We've all seen celebrity golf tournaments or celebrity bowling tournaments where these incredibly athletic men look silly doing something that potbellied guys make look smooth and accurate. Michael Jordan has put a lot of hours in on a golf course, and while he's good, he's not getting a tour card any time soon.

Since no one has stated the obvious, Ma Long. Parks 700' holes with a forehand roller. Probably straddle putts 100' and in.

any MLB Second, shortstop, or third baseman. Insert your favorite. The skills and speed it takes to remain competitive at that level is elite. Ball gotta move to target quickly.

Bobby Fischer using the Taimanov Variation of the King's Indian Defence grip.

The Rock

It's gonna be hard throwing when someone is laying the smack down on your roody poo candy a$$.

While Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson may turn out to be great at DG, I'm not sure I see pure athletic ability as the greatest indicator of skill here. We've all seen celebrity golf tournaments or celebrity bowling tournaments where these incredibly athletic men look silly doing something that potbellied guys make look smooth and accurate. Michael Jordan has put a lot of hours in on a golf course, and while he's good, he's not getting a tour card any time soon.

Agree with this.

My vote would be an in-his-physical-prime Tiger Woods. I think the mental game would translate well from ball golf, and he had the combination of physical ability, ability to repeat mechanics, and ability to work to achieve precise form. I'd see him as a McBeth type of player.

Phil Mickelson would have a monster righty backhand coming from his lefty golf swing. He would also be an upshot/escape shot wizard.

Golf and baseball players aren't suddenly going to start throwing with the opposite hand, half of tennis players' power is in the racket and their "snap point" is 90 degrees from the direction of the ball's travel, and Bo Jackson is a broken old man.

Golf and baseball players aren't suddenly going to start throwing with the opposite hand, half of tennis players' power is in the racket and their "snap point" is 90 degrees from the direction of the ball's travel, and Bo Jackson is a broken old man.

Left handed batters basically have trained the technique of a rhbh throw (weight transfer, pull through) and if they are pro level could likely translate that to throwing a golf disc easily.

I've seen guys that played tennis in high school with ridiculous forehands and overhand throws.

Bo Jackson could likely dominate grandmasters/masters after a couple of months of practice. With all the other 'broken old men'.

I tend to agree with Zam's statement about the college athlete. Any male with an athletic background can be a great disc golfer with the proper training. And that's the key. The vast majority of players play as a hobby. Disc golf is not a full time commitment. As with any sport, you need to put in the time to be the best.

The Mulkey Brothers. They have the haircuts and fashion sense to take over the dg world.

didn't expect to see a pic of the Mulkey Bros....... anywhere. They were 2 of the wrestlers that would loose to a bad guy/guys every week on Wrestling out of Atlanta. When you saw one of them coming to the ring, you knew it was time to get pummeled for either or both. I agree with an earlier post that said Dan Marino. Jim Brown was also an elite athlete. Most don't know that football was not his main sport, Lacrosse was. He is one of if not the best College Lacrosse player ever.

Anthony Davis.

Huge wingspan makes most anything a drop in. Plus the uni-brow will terrify any player on his card.

Latest posts