• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which plastic for Buzz./ Wasp

Wasp/ Buzz

• Pro D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite X

• Z

• ESP

• Total voters

domromer

* Ace Member *
It's seems DX Roc is universally the most used Roc. But discraft makes thier mids in a few types of plastic. I was just wondering which plastic most people buy there wasps and buzzs in.

It depends on what the person wants it to do.

X Wasp is most overstable of the Wasps whereas the D, Z, are stable and I belive Esp Wasps are the Staightest.

As for Buzzzs, could anyone explain how the plastic effects it?

P.S. Based on what the Discraft pros throw, the Z Wasp/Buzzzs are most #1.

I had a nice D wasp but lost it in the water, and now I have a Z wasp. The z is a lot more overstable, and the D seemed to glide a little more. Personally I liked the D better, and the plastic seems a lot more comfortable.

I like Z and X buzzz's a bit. The X being straighter w/ similar resistance to turn. The z after a years beating almost seems less hss than a broken in X, but still had a predictable fade.

For wasps, I have yet so sufficently beat an X in, I currently carry 0 buzzz's, 1 x wasps, and 3 pro D wasps. the pro d plastic beats in alittle quicker than dx, but is very similar none the less. D is more prone to warping (which I feel can be bent back fairly easily) whild DX knicks dents worse.

I like my Z Buzzzs the best for straight shots. When I need less overstable, I throw ESP Buzzz. For me the Z goes arrow straight, the ESP will turn right. that's my simpleton explanation. (I'm the simpleton). I have several of each type of Buzzz, and my statement holds true for all of the ones I own.

If I were to throw these discs, I'd just use D Wasps. I may have a Z Wasp in there for overstable stuff, but I doubt I'd use it that much.

K-Dog 19 said:
It depends on what the person wants it to do.

X Wasp is most overstable of the Wasps whereas the D, Z, are stable and I belive Esp Wasps are the Staightest.

As for Buzzzs, could anyone explain how the plastic effects it?

P.S. Based on what the Discraft pros throw, the Z Wasp/Buzzzs are most #1.

if your x wasps are more overstable than z/esp's I would guess it has more to do with the dominess of each than the plastic. For me I like a beat D buzzz for understable mid, X buzzz for straight mid, z/esp wasp for overstable mid.

ive also been carrying a flx buzzz for cold days and for shots that I need the straight line of a buzzz but a moderate headwind that would turn the X is blowing.

I would imaging that rotating D wasps (like most people do with rocs) could fill the same spots, I just personally dont like having to beat discs to perfection only to loose them or beat them past the sweet spot and have to start over. And really I just dislike PRO D because it beats up sooo fast and warps very easily. Most people I have met that throw wasps do so because the premium plastic versions are cheaper than the equivelent roc. If your only throwing d/dx, rocs are easier to get in most places.

I currrently have an ESP Buzzz and a CryZtal Buzzz, as well as two Z Wasps.

I like the ESP Buzzz moreso than the CryZtal because it has a touch more turnover for my rhbh, whereas the CryZtal is still overstable for my rhbh but turns over on my rhfh. With the ESP, I know the turnover no matter what.

As for Wasps, I love the 'ell out of 'em. If I could only carry one disc, quite likely it would be one of my wasps. With that said, THEY SUCK FOR THE RAIN. I played in a monthly tournament where it rained and I wasn't able to throw my Champion/Z plastic worth a damn. Thankfully I had some Pro and Star--which are both still suspect--so the round wasn't a total loss. The reason I digress to this point, however, is that my doubles partner had a D Wasp and to my utter amazement it felt just fine in spite of the rain and parked itself 10-15' from the basket. In comparison, my Z wasp about 25'.

The Z wasps are too overstable for my tastes. I play a lot of wooded courses with narrow fairways and the Z wasp has plenty of overstable hyzer skip when it lands which could carry me off the fairway and into a world of hurt.

I've always preferred the feel of dx plastic and most if not all dx models seem to have far less stable fade at the end of flight than their candy counterparts. For straight controllable shots I like the D Buzz, the only downside is they do beat up and become turnover discs rather quickly.

If you're sold on the durability of z plastic I'd say the Z buzz is a straighter and better choice than the Z wasp.

The X wasp is a touch more overstable than the Z when new, but does not require the same amount of effort to get it to fly. another reason I perfer it.

I have a first run Wasp in the 'D' plastic that is sweet! Nice and overstable even after some tree hits. The newer 'D' seems to be softer.
There is nothing like the first couple runs of Z Buzzz's. That plastic is the best.
The ESP plastic Buzzz's are pretty good also, definately worth having for the grippiness and durability.

LIke they said, depends what you want them for. I like the z buzz because I want a disc that stays stable; however, I also use/putt with a d buzz to beat it understable.

My wasp is in z as i like it to hold its (over)stability; otherwise, it would beat into a buzz.