• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whippet X vs Whippet

mdellis1987

Preface: I have only been playing DG since March, so bear with me. I throw 40% LHFH, 40% LHOH, and 20% LHBH. This question is in regards to my Tomahawk throwing.

When throwing OH, I usually throw Champion Wraith as I get good distance from the turnover and glide. I have played with a guy who throws a Whippet X OH, as an accurate upshot or a controlled slow turnover. When he throws the Whippet X, it barrel rolls at a much slower rate than the Wraith does and always lands on its top and slides around.

I don't want to hear about technique, snap, or release angles; I already understand these factors...

Finally, My Question:

What is the difference between a Whippet and a Whippet X? I can not find anything about the Whippet X on the Innova site...

The same thing that is different in any X and normal mold.

The X is more overstable because it has a concave wing.

Do Whippet X's usually have a different stamp or look that differentiates them from the regular Whippets? I can not recall ever seeing a Whippet X in a store...

The Whippet X can be identified with a "WX" penned in on the underside rather than a "W"

WX's are usually molded in Champion plastic and have tournament or club stamps on them. There was a production run of "CE" Whippet X's but they are really expensive because there were only 1000 molded.

I am not aware of there being any "WX" Whippets in baseline plastic but the DX Whippet is still pretty dang overstable. I'd give one of those a try for starters.

Just picked up two DX Whippet-X from PIAS. I needed an overstable fairway to compliment my gazelles and something to have several stages of over stability eventually.

Meathook. And I love it.

Well I just found a 2009 whippet x in star plastic. With patent no 4.568,297 ////// 91761. And its brand new forgot I had it .it's a cfr for the six pack series. Anyone know what its worth?

A discing buddy of mine knows that I used to like to throw Whippets back in the day. He recently sent me the pic (attached below). Is this old news and I missed something?

Attachments

• 63269.jpg
    63269.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 29