• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the most discs

How many discs do you have?

• 1-24

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • 25-49

Votes: 50 18.2%
  • 50-74

Votes: 39 14.2%
  • 75-99

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • 100-150

Votes: 38 13.8%
  • 150+

Votes: 100 36.4%

• Total voters
I have a groove, a wolf, and a birdie. I gave away every other disc, they just felt weird in my hand.

Wat8.jpg

Lots of experimental purchases in the early going (including an Epic & a Turbo Putt). Looking for that right disc. So somewhere in the 150+ at last count.

Now that I've been playing for a while & know what works for me I've been donating new unused discs to my local league.

3,000 discs. There's a little hoarder in all of us, my friend. ;)
Yes there is :D My friends like to show their girlfriends my collection to prove they aren't as addicted to disc golf as their ladies think they are. Now I can't lie to my girlfriend...she knows I'm addicted. When I read guys on here saying their wives/girlfriends think they have to many discs I feel their pain.

how the **** do you afford 3000 discs?

say at standard dx prices $8

you have spent $24000

i mean obviously its taken years but damm

and i know all those (probably most) arent baseline plastic too
I was just lucky enough to be introduced to disc golf at a very young age. I fell in love with it very quickly. In middle school & high school I spent a majority of my spending money on discs & equipment. I didn't just straight up buy all of my discs though. I'd guess I got roughly 500 of them from leagues & tourneys. Plus I like to trade discs a lot, so I guess 300 - 500 discs I traded for so I didn't technically buy them. As a kid I just wanted to try every disc in every plastic. Im no longer in that phase of wanting to try everything, now I just get a lot of duplicates of the discs I throw the most. Don't get me wrong I still try new molds if they catch my eye, but I find myself sticking to what I've been thrown. Sorry for the rant :D.

I have well over 300 now. My wife jokingly gives me a hard time about it, but she spends way more money on her horse than I ever could on disc golf. So I basically have free reign to build a DiscinFiend sized collection if I wanted to.

I like to experiment with a lot of different discs. I have 7 different bags and keep them all stocked with a completely different lineup. So I always have at least 100 discs bagged.

Even the discs that don't spend time in one of my bags still see some air time in the field. If there's a particular shot I want to work on, I'll go through my collection and pull aside 20 or so discs that might work well for that shot.

I like to experiment with a lot of different discs. I have 7 different bags and keep them all stocked with a completely different lineup. So I always have at least 100 discs bagged.

Even the discs that don't spend time in one of my bags still see some air time in the field. If there's a particular shot I want to work on, I'll go through my collection and pull aside 20 or so discs that might work well for that shot.
This is awesome :)
Never got anywhere close to 7 unique setups.

I'm close to 1000.
I haven't added in the discs I got from USDGC and ebay lately.

Mostly collectibles, (Rocs, old Millenium, Cheetahs, Ace Race and CE), practice/field discs and stuff that I don't throw anymore.
My bag is pretty settled right now, but always looking for stuff in my sig...

Biggest want right now is a CE Aviar and a 2014Ace Race Winner's disc.

Last edited:
I have well over 300 now. My wife jokingly gives me a hard time about it, but she spends way more money on her horse than I ever could on disc golf. So I basically have free reign to build a DiscinFiend sized collection if I wanted to.

I'm no where close to being as good as you are, but I also have 7 different bags setup (if you count my 6 disc Nutsac).

I'll choose a different bag depending on the course we decide to play. I find it's better for my game to keep close to the same throwing motion and let the disc do the work.

Yes there is :D My friends like to show their girlfriends my collection to prove they aren't as addicted to disc golf as their ladies think they are. Now I can't lie to my girlfriend...she knows I'm addicted. When I read guys on here saying their wives/girlfriends think they have to many discs I feel their pain.

I was just lucky enough to be introduced to disc golf at a very young age. I fell in love with it very quickly. In middle school & high school I spent a majority of my spending money on discs & equipment. I didn't just straight up buy all of my discs though. I'd guess I got roughly 500 of them from leagues & tourneys. Plus I like to trade discs a lot, so I guess 300 - 500 discs I traded for so I didn't technically buy them. As a kid I just wanted to try every disc in every plastic. Im no longer in that phase of wanting to try everything, now I just get a lot of duplicates of the discs I throw the most. Don't get me wrong I still try new molds if they catch my eye, but I find myself sticking to what I've been thrown. Sorry for the rant :D.

awesome!!! thanks for the response.

23 in bag. 23 in bin in trunk (backups and practice putters). 47 backups at home. 27 trophies/collectors at home. 31 discs of molds I currently don't bag but may in the future. 22 discs that need to be traded/sold. 174 total.

In August I had 8 discs that were with me for about 15 years.
I lost one that I could no longer replace and it was my heavy driver. So I had to figure out how to replace an X-Clone and the buying began - but THIS time I was buying with two sons over my shoulder who wanted their own discs, bags, etc. etc. etc.

Now my 8 yr old has more discs than I had for the majority of my time playing.

Cool story: Someone found my red X-clone and returned it. I have since retired it (and the 2 others I tried to replace it with.)

Currently
My bag has 24;
Soon to be 14 yr old has 20
8 yr old has 17
and we have 15 more in a bin that I carry with me when I use my cart.

When we started together in August I had 8; and the boys each had a Whamo set of a PUTTER; MIDRANGE; S-DRIVER; TURNOVER; & SUPERTURN with a spare for each set. There are no spares for the sets anymore, while 3 of my originals and a couple of would be additions are waitng for me to get my scuba license.

You stopped the poll too low, should have done 150-250, 250-500, 500-1000, 1000+ <-I think I would be near this range although I have sold a few and given away a bunch to kids lately.

23 in bag. 23 in bin in trunk (backups and practice putters). 47 backups at home. 27 trophies/collectors at home. 31 discs of molds I currently don't bag but may in the future. 22 discs that need to be traded/sold. 174 total.

Packrat

The 20 I thought was a lot doesn't seem so bad now lol.. I've noticed that as soon as I get something it's not long before I have my eye set on another. I'm sure that's how it starts. :doh:

I'm doomed if I ever start going to the Mt Airy store..

The 20 I thought was a lot doesn't seem so bad now lol.. I've noticed that as soon as I get something it's not long before I have my eye set on another. I'm sure that's how it starts. :doh:

I'm doomed if I ever start going to the Mt Airy store..
I have more in my bag....

Latest posts