• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is really washed up?

Who has dropped off the most?

• Dave Feldberg 1021

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Eric McCabe 1016

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Steve Rico 1009

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Brian Schweberger 999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avery Jenkins 997

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Will Schusterick 997

Votes: 72 68.6%

• Total voters
Will, this past weekend, threw the following round ratings: 1029, 913, 938.

Still rooting for him. He's still showing flashes of his capabilities it seems.

Schadenfreude, which it defined as, "delighting in others' misfortune". Many studies of schadenfreude are based on social comparison theory, the idea that when people around us have bad luck, we look better to ourselves. Other researchers have found that people with low self-esteem are more likely to feel schadenfreude than are people who have high self-esteem.

Brain-scanning studies show that schadenfreude is correlated with envy in subjects. Strong feelings of envy activated physical pain nodes in the brain's dorsal anterior cingulate cortex; the brain's reward centers, such as the ventral striatum, were activated by news that other people envied had suffered misfortune. The magnitude of the brain's schadenfreude response could even be predicted from the strength of the previous envy response.

Know thyself, young men and consider the high road.
And the next time you see any of these 'wash-outs', tell them how you feel right to their face.
I'm sure they'll be all ears...

So what you are saying is that it is basic human nature that is literally coded into our brains to feel better about ourselves when we see others' misfortunes?

So what you are saying is that it is basic human nature that is literally coded into our brains to feel better about ourselves when we see others' misfortunes?

I wouldn't call it universal, but I know a fair number of people who can only feel good about themselves when others are put down.

I didn't think he looked too bad in the round 1 video. Seemed to be getting pretty decent distance and looked like he wasn't totally hammering the disc like maybe 5 years ago. I'd always thought his throw was so smooth and looked like he was getting every ounce of effort out of it. Putting stroke looked more comfortable, made a couple nice long putts but also missed a couple shorter ones.

Wonder if the OB got him during rounds 2 and 3? There were some nasty greens too, if the putting stroke was off could've been a lot of 3 putts.

Will, this past weekend, threw the following round ratings: 1029, 913, 938.

Still rooting for him. He's still showing flashes of his capabilities it seems.

I didn't think he looked too bad in the round 1 video. Seemed to be getting pretty decent distance and looked like he wasn't totally hammering the disc like maybe 5 years ago. I'd always thought his throw was so smooth and looked like he was getting every ounce of effort out of it. Putting stroke looked more comfortable, made a couple nice long putts but also missed a couple shorter ones.

Wonder if the OB got him during rounds 2 and 3? There were some nasty greens too, if the putting stroke was off could've been a lot of 3 putts.

Will started off very well, but as R1 went on his putting began showing signs of not holding up. I was thinking his putting deteriorated as the tournament went on...

Dawg.... I don't even DG and still out throw you and most here reading with a putter even on a bad day. Sleep. :p

How often do you get out to play these days? It wasnt that long ago when you were posting some vids, or was it?? I try to make it once a week to league, but it just hasnt worked out this year... I was washed up before I even started anyways..

my statement wasn't intended to be some deterministic axiom, and i have hopes that some can grasp the implicit meaning that i intend. food for thought would be, what is the source of one's self esteem?

my statement wasn't intended to be some deterministic axiom, and i have hopes that some can grasp the implicit meaning that i intend. food for thought would be, what is the source of one's self esteem?

My self esteem comes from my incredible rapport with the totality of the entirety of the universe. And donuts.

How often do you get out to play these days? It wasnt that long ago when you were posting some vids, or was it?? I try to make it once a week to league, but it just hasnt worked out this year... I was washed up before I even started anyways..

Between work and feeling myself getting older every day not a ton. Putt all the time but still suck. I've recorded some stuff it is just a pain in the ass to edit/upload.

i did surprise myself after not playing a month+ and went out ripping drives but now my groin has hurt for a week lol. Plus elmex died and he always made me throw with his long haired ass.

NOTA.

I would be THNAKFUL to be called "washed up" at 997 or higher

I play DG with Steve all the time and I can assure you he's not washed up. Rather his focus has changed in the last couple of years as he has focused his efforts on growing Legacy Discs and laying concrete a few days a week.

Last summer we were playing a c tier event together and he banged out 14 birdies in a row like it was nothing. TBH if he shifted his focus back to playing DG and not growing the business, he wouldn't be a part of this discussion.