• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is the face of disc golf?

Brodie Smith?
... not being super silly, that would be 'dude perfect'.

Answer of coarse is Paul with a small chase pack. To me personally Paul, Ricky, Yeti and Dez.

A very hard question for me would be trying to pick the number one face in my local disc golf scene.

The average person would not know who Paul McBeth is. That makes you the face of disc golf, like it or not.

Yeah. The people that I play disc golf with know nothing of the existence of Paul McBeth, or DGCR, or most disc brands, or even the PDGA itself, unless I have mentioned them. Most of them look to me as the disc golf guru, which clearly shows the lack of a disc golf leading figure in my circles.

And thus the reason for our concern.

I do find it really annoying that I know people that refer to disc golf as "pot golf."

Then I shrug and go throw discs at chains and hope they land in the metal basket. Whilst not including the "pot" part.

Next guess: Terry Miller

If you could pick one person as "the face" of disc golf, who would it be? I'm leaning toward Eagle, he's at least trying...to get a jump start on the visual presentation. I used to think the clean "Paul McBeth" look was the face, to keep it on the same level as ball golf, but perhaps the "X Games" vibe, energy, etc, is the way to go to attract a larger / different audience?

If I had to pick Eagle out of a police line up, I'd get it wrong.

Yeah. The people that I play disc golf with know nothing of the existence of Paul McBeth, or DGCR, or most disc brands, or even the PDGA itself, unless I have mentioned them. Most of them look to me as the disc golf guru, which clearly shows the lack of a disc golf leading figure in my circles.

You make a good point. There are plenty of people who play disc all the time don't know who the top players are let alone the general population. There are not many sports like that when you think about it. I don't think there is a face of disc golf, nor does there need to be. It's not really the kind of scene where it matters.

This might be your answer. Son of Spicoli. Maybe Grandson.

009bec8981aac9d4b5853f2c076ccc97.jpg

I dunno? Kid on the right kind of looks like eagle Mcmahon a few years younger? lol

Any and every player representing the sport the way it should be. The portayal of the sport is in all of us because most people not even knowing the professional players means that you, me and all if us are the face of disc golf. Now if you want the "disc golfer's answer" Ed Hedrick, Dave dunipace, Paul mcbeth, Ricky and Paige, AJ risley, Eric Oakley, Eric mcabe, dare I say cool daddy slick breeze?? Too many to put just one name to the "face of disc golf"

Any and every player representing the sport the way it should be. The portayal of the sport is in all of us because most people not even knowing the professional players means that you, me and all if us are the face of disc golf.

Alright. I now know how to answer this. When people ask who the figurehead is, my answer will be, "I am Spartacus!", and hope I don't then get crucified.

And thus the reason for our concern.

As a recreational player, as most are, I'm not concerned at all, TBH. I like disc golf just the way it is. I don't worry about the image, I couldn't care less what those outside the game think about it. BUT...like Chuck said, you probably don't really want those guys going up before the parks deptartment pleading the case for a new course. It depends.

I do find it really annoying that I know people that refer to disc golf as "pot golf"

Seriously, I have never heard it called that before. Probably a really small difference in consumption between the two.

If I had to name one person, it would have to be Steady Ed.

Around here, most of the smokers look like normal dudes and the hippie looking guys play clean.

The face?

Yeah, it's the face of whoever the non-playing normies happen to see.

Within the sport?

McBeth. Let's not kid ourselves.

Latest posts