• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

Finally, did the snow thing. Top coat was hard pack on Thursday. Yes I know we only had about 5 inches but you work with what you got. Learned 3 things: Ribbons, don't leave home without them. Second, a short toss on a downhill hole goes a long way no matter what you intend 380 feet to be exact(the only thing that slowed the disc down was the creek at the bottom. Third, never throw your white disc no matter what you attach to it(yes, I found it a hundred feet from the tree it hit).

Did some course work in the snow today. A few trees went down in the high winds yesterday morning. Also cleared plenty of other stuff that has built up for ten or so years. There is fairway now that hasn't seemed like fairway for a long time. Amazing what a little maintenance here and there can do.

I did. About wiped out on Hole 3 at Springwood. Regardless, it was great to get back out there!

i ate it once this once this year. slippery teepad. no one was out there to share a laugh with. so i laughed at how stupid i looked, then it turned into a depressing its only me out here laugh.

but today i got +5 and a +4 second round. once again no excuses cept i need better standstill form and keep my putts from spitting out. if everytime i hit metal or chains from my putt was in i woulda easily shot under par. so i spend some quality time putting after. outside and inside (i have a basket in my apt.)

Played a one round charity tournament at Clear Creek in Richmond, Indiana today and had a good time with a great bunch of guys. They had about 8" of white stuff everywhere but the well-groomed tee pads, 24 degrees and moderate breezes on a couple of holes, but I think the donations and money raising went very well for the number of guys who came out to brave the elements. Wish I had finished up my holes better, but enjoyed the event! :clap:

shot +3 today. clear teepads for the most part. i had one really amazing chain out, it hit dead on and some how sliced through the chains. whatever haha. hit the basket on the short hole.

otherwise some nice tree hits, some solid hyzer flips. good day and decent weather for once

played 18 with a couple guys on Saturday in 20-22 inches, it was awesome! then went with the dog to a different course on Sunday thinking it would be less snowy than the one the day before but i was wrong, even with my dog breaking trail i could only pound through 7.5 holes of 24+ inches of snow! it's way more fun with other people around!

keep rubbing it it! the heat from friction may raise the temperatures around here.

well . . .

we got up to 40 today. and it's sunny. so there. i went outside just to stand in it for a while, soak it in.

supposed to be just as warm tomorrow!!! i'll be throwing for sure.

Considering the amount of snow we had/have this year, we might have some flooded courses this spring eh?, Are we about to have a ton of mosquitoes this season???
Speaking from MI, we've had our ups & downs, depending how dry the season is.

Considering the amount of snow we had/have this year, we might have some flooded courses this spring eh?, Are we about to have a ton of mosquitoes this season???
Speaking from MI, we've had our ups & downs, depending how dry the season is.

I would guess Riverside will be out of commission for a while. Two years ago it was crazy I played it in April for the first time with no floods

Got out yesterday for 18!! It was amazing out! Six inches of snow earlier this week (a record for the day apparently) Had only a under armour top, a t-shirt and a flannel and jeans on out there. Didn't have to worry about a thing! Got a bunch of throws in with the Envy and slammed the rim of the basket and the bottom of the belt (and went out... :/ ) from about 220 out.

Glow leagues tonight!
8 more inches of snow later this week!

im having trouble working with my undergrad school, with plans for the fall. i think they fell through. it was hard to get my mind off all of it. but i still shot a +3 despite wanting to slam my bag into the ground on every bad throw. cant believe i shot that good despite being one of the most irritated i ever have been on the course.

Another fantastic day in SE Minnesota - sunny, low 40s, no wind.

One local course has a bike path that runs alongside, and so I went safari mode today, throwing my drives from dry pavement. What a luxury!

OTOH, I had to go through up to thigh high snow to get some of my discs near the baskets.

Still, really fun to get out and throw today.