• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

Went out and threw a half day/half night round in 3" of fresh, light snow that was on top of about 2" of icy, hard snow. I've played quite a few rounds this winter but I might have to stop, my putting is horrible with lousy footing and that's been killing my confidence and leading to more missed putts. It's a vicious cycle!

I've played in the snow for the last 3 days. Up here in the north east everything is covered in snow with a thick layer of ice on top, and make playing really different. Throwing straight and having something land and continue straight on the ice is really important. It's also crazy to throw a skip shot and have it end up like 150ft left of where you skipped it off the ice. Pure cray.

Threw 5 or 6 discs upside down yesterday where the ice had weighed down the pine trees, making running at the basket nearly impossible. Slid the discs on their tops and they settled right under the basket. I was really surprised that none of them kept going down some of the hills like the kids on their sleds.

Threw 5 or 6 discs upside down yesterday where the ice had weighed down the pine trees, making running at the basket nearly impossible. Slid the discs on their tops and they settled right under the basket. I was really surprised that none of them kept going down some of the hills like the kids on their sleds.
There is a hole on our course where the basket is on the edge of a slope. It's the windiest spot in town and the wind is usually right in your face, so I often putt with my disc upside down there. My daughter has picked up on that so yesterday she putted on that hole with her disc upside down. She missed and the disc went *whoosh* all the way down the slope out of bounds into the parking lot. She was either mad that she missed or mad that I laughed so long at her misfortune.

Played two rounds of 18 in 6 inches of snow, while it was snowing/raining yesterday in a winter series tourney. Gotta love the ice and snow.

Played at interlocked today. It was about 20 degrees today and little wind. I have played twice this winter in twenty degree weather and all you need is a good hoody if there is no wind. There's still about 6in of snow from the last few weeks of subzero temps. There was 6 other hardy souls out playing today. I joined four people for 27 holes and it was a blast. They had a friendly grudge match over a "trophy" disc that gets passed around the group. They allowed me to play for the honors , but said I couldn't keep the disc if I won. But I could sign and date if I won. It was a well matched group skills wise and we battled till the end. Even par took the day and I finished at plus 2 . After a three hole birdie run , I was tied for first. Only to post a double boge on the second to the last hole. The group of friends had a long discussion over the leaders disc coming to rest in a tree. He was six foot five and had to reach up to grab his disc.......... Almost went to a play off. Being the neutral guy in the group I got to make the call. In my usual group of friendly competitors , if you can reach it it's not a penalty and that was how they agreed to call it. Good day of winter dg.

This guy got to play over the weekend. I found a positive thing to say about icy and snow-covered tee pads: they make me slow down so that I focus on form while driving. Bundle up and go play a round - disc golf has no off season!

ice layer of hard snow. easy to find the discs today in southern mn. also walked on my disc i lost the other day out there! nothing like recovering your own lost discs. i did hit the pole on the short hole. other than that i was missing putts like usual. it was a good time though!

I already replied in the, "How did you play today" thread, but I played tonight... in the dark and in the snow. Single disc, putter round. We got 13" of new powder yesterday, on top of what we already had. The way that the wind blew the snow around, it was anywhere from 6' to 20"+ deep. Considering every throw was just from a stand still, with a putter, it was a pretty decent round. Played to just +1 over 9 holes at Knobley Mt. DGC.

some spots was snow up to my knees. i only shoveled half the teepad on each hole. pretty much doing stand still drives. played 2 rounds of 18 holes and shot +4 both times. some spit outs and awful putts are to blame. didnt lose any discs. had some good shots, had some bad shots. it was a nice day of disc golf.

I threw for the first time in a couple weeks the other day. The snow was too deep, the wind too strong, and I folded after 6 holes.

I played almost every day last winter. This one has kicked my ass though.

Played a full round of 24 at my local course. Last weekend, I took my shovel with me and cleared most of the tees. You couldn't tell I was there one week later. I didn't shovel today, it took too much out of me last week. Drifted snow easily 3 feet in some spots made for a tough walk. Had a ton of fun. Actually threw from the long tee on the last hole which is a 600 footer, the 1st 300 of which are over water. Today, that water was ice, so I just threw out onto it and walked out and threw again. One advantage of winter discing. Now I can brag that I threw successfully from the long tee.

We've gotten 2.5' of snow at my house in the last 10 days. The trays of my baskets now clear the snow by a whopping couple of inches. My home course down the road has a snow bank 7' tall blocking the access road. Even if you scaled it you'd have a 3/4 mile minimum walk best done in snow shoes (and all uphill) to get to the first tee. There's 4-6" more potentially coming tonight.

So tomorrow I'll shovel out a couple of tee locations on my property just so I can throw. Gaiters are a good thing.

Didn't really throw but I did work with my man Frosty on his putting..... Had to call him on his foot faults twice, he mumbled something about not having feet. He got a circle 4 anyway......

Attachments

• Sup. (1 of 1)-3(1).jpg
    Sup. (1 of 1)-3(1).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Sup. (1 of 1)-6.jpg
    Sup. (1 of 1)-6.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Sup. (1 of 1)-4.jpg
    Sup. (1 of 1)-4.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 11
Unreal at Jordan creek today. Fresh tracks in between 15-20 inches of snow. Most epic round EVER. 1 lost disc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 17
Didn't really throw but I did work with my man Frosty on his putting..... Had to call him on his foot faults twice, he mumbled something about not having feet. He got a circle 4 anyway......

LOL...can't wait to show these to my 3 yo in the morning. He's obsessed with DG and snowmen :D

One round at Stuart Nelson in Paducah, ky and trapsin' through the darn snow and ice is work. Feel like I played 4 rounds.

What a difference some sun and no wind can make - played a round today in knee high snow and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was just the tonic to keep me enthused.