• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

why do you guys like wierd plastic so much?

and turn on your sarcasm meter, edgar bro. i'm sure bmast is kidding about the magic discs. if anything, they are just expensive. :D

I knew it was a joke. Since this is the internet and I realize it is difficult to tell when people are being serious or just poking fun at something they found funny, I'll leave it at that instead of getting sore about someone questioning my ability to read sarcasm -- like most kids.

For the last several years my bag has been mostly made up of Innova discs. Why? I'm a little older, so my arm speed is slower than many and I learned how to throw Frisbees, not golf discs, so I generate more spin than most when I throw. Therefore, lighter discs and more understable molds perform best for me. Innova is the only manufacturer that produces lightweight discs throughout their product line and has understable molds at all speeds.

This whole thread is one giant :popcorn:, watching everyone get so righteous. It's like a giant argument about the best ice cream flavor.

It's like a giant argument about the best ice cream flavor.[/QUOTE]

That would explain why I prefer strawberry (4) to vanilla (1).

Guys, shouldn't we just throw discs because it makes us happy? Every now and then I head to the park with a beer and a J and FOLF, yeah i said FOLF, a round w just my cyclone and aviar to remember the good days. Reading this thread has made me all the more happy to live in MT where 9 out of 10 people, even at Diamond X, are rocking a DX Orc or Beast and that's it, because they are having fun. Disc Hipsters...lol, very true....seriously though, read my sig, spread the good word.

I can understand why people choose to experiment with different companies discs. It's an individualistic thing. You might like the way a disc feels in your hand or how it flies for you. My opinion is try whatever you think you'll like or what you think might give you an advantage. The first Lat 64 disc I tried was the River. I really like that disc. My midranges weren't quite settled so I tried the pain and core. I liked them and I just recently picked up a fuse. But I'll still throw Innova, Discraft, whatever if I like the way it feels and flies I'm in. Am I going to go out and buy a stack of new discs to try just because? No not at this point I have what I like to throw. Am I open to suggestions or trying something brand new. Hell Yes.

The only 'weird' plastic thing I don't get is this. Why would you want to pay a premium for OOP discs. Like 11X Teebirds, CE whatever, champ Roc's. I just don't get it. Why pay $50 for something you might lose in the woods. Sometimes we're looking at $100's. I guess if you collect them then that makes sense? Collecting discs doesn't make sense to me but if it paddles your canoe then by all means. But the OOP plastic thing is something that's strange to me.

My opinion is that these discs are better made than the Innova CE being produced lately.

Agree 100%. Props to Innova for continuing to innovate and bring out new discs but the other part of me wants them to slow down and focus on their quality like the up and coming manufacturers do. I have some Innova discs from 10 years ago that still look great but my 3 month old Star Monster develops ripples in the flight plate every other time you take it out of the air conditioned house.

I understand the op's point with annoying hip/:cool:/fad factor...but it is crazy to assume that ANYONE choosing a disc not made by the "big 2" is doing it to be :cool: or ride a bandwagon/fad.

What's crazy is assuming anyone actively playing DG is adding to their "hip/:cool:" factor, lol.

I've easily thrown 100+ company/mold/plastic variations over the years. The Innova discs in my sig fly the best and are the most reliable for me. The Ion knocked the JK Aviar out of the bag, and the Anode knocked the Comet out.

I think these MVP discs are pretty :cool:, and I am able to throw them pretty well. However, there is no way any "2nd hand :cool:" is transferred to me by throwing them.

All of my drivers are Innova, just what I like to throw. But I've tried a lot of different mids over the years and never had an Innova mid that I loved. My current mid line up is Core,Nebula, and Roc. The Core is hands down my favorite mid I have ever thrown, so it stays in the bag. Not because it makes me look cool(although I do look cool when I can recover a horrid drive with it)

What's crazy is assuming anyone actively playing DG is adding to their "hip/:cool:" factor, lol.

I've easily thrown 100+ company/mold/plastic variations over the years. The Innova discs in my sig fly the best and are the most reliable for me. The Ion knocked the JK Aviar out of the bag, and the Anode knocked the Comet out.

I think these MVP discs are pretty :cool:, and I am able to throw them pretty well. However, there is no way any "2nd hand :cool:" is transferred to me by throwing them.

Well, OK...
I think the OP meant hip/cool/different strictly within a dgolf community/context. No one is daffy enough to think dgolf is cool otherwise (are they?)

IMHO, your overuse of the cool smiley is definitely not cool...in any context.

Guys, shouldn't we just throw discs because it makes us happy? Every now and then I head to the park with a beer and a J and FOLF, yeah i said FOLF, a round w just my cyclone and aviar to remember the good days. Reading this thread has made me all the more happy to live in MT where 9 out of 10 people, even at Diamond X, are rocking a DX Orc or Beast and that's it, because they are having fun. Disc Hipsters...lol, very true....seriously though, read my sig, spread the good word.

Agreed. I've been playing nothing but purely rec rounds since I broke another finger on my throwing hand a few weeks ago and I've been having a blast. Not worried about how well I'm throwing, no $ on the line, no one giving a **** about their score. I've been enjoying golf much more lately.

I throw an mvp mid because it works for me. Ive tried a dozen rocs over the years and never cared for them, was a buzzz thrower but found I could get the axis out farther with a lower ceiling.

I throw mvp putters off the tee because I play on a pretty windy course and found a neutral anode could handle a decent amount of wind and still stay on its intended flight path better than other companies neutral putters that I've thrown.

I tried a vector and found that as an OS mid it just didn't cut it, everything I need an OS mid to do was done better with a gator.

I didn't care for Lat64, never found a reason to try vibram, and bubble bombers are all faster speeds than I throw on a regular basis.
I throw "weird" plastic because I'm not old enough to fear change :)

I'm confused. How does one know if one is throwing "weird" plastic? Is there some holistic polymer material that is utilized in some discs that somehow makes them "normal"?

I'm confused. How does one know if one is throwing "weird" plastic? Is there some holistic polymer material that is utilized in some discs that somehow makes them "normal"?

You probably know it as tooling indicating that the disc was made by Quest AT. :p

Funny, isn't it? :)

What's funny is how many times I have had to have the "Nah man I'm cool on leagues, I'm just not interested in it" convo this past month :p

Pay money to play an extra slow round with people stressin about their game? I'm good on that :)

Latest posts