• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

WS Stag, I only know of one other local that throws them, and we both get killer results as well as funny looks from people when they see what we just threw past their best drive.

Gotta be the Firebird. The best flex shot and control headwind driver ever molded.

Firebird. How can a bag even be made without one? So many companies have tried to copy it, and all have failed.

Rhyno is the shizz

I carry 5 Rhynos in my bag. Couldn't imagine playing a round without one.

Buzz throwers feel the same way.

Like someone said before isn't this thread aimed at unpopular molds? Everyone and their mother has heard of a Roc (or Buzzz).

I don't bag them anymore but I would have to say Cobras. Awesome mold that's very overlooked.

The cobra was the first disc I threw. I agree, the old flat ones were some of the shapiest mids ever.

Monster. I used to throw Firebirds. It's longer than the Firebird and flies identical lines otherwise. Much more predictable on overhand lines. If the Monster had come out before the Firebird I think they'd be much more popular. Plus you can get nice pearly champs at reasonable prices, they last forever.

Viper, love that disc. Forehand and it is money. I think the fact it's hard to find one NOT in dx turns off lots of people. Though a seasoned dx viper loses the fade, it does go darn straight. Personally I'm bagging a champ one at the moment.

Monster. I used to throw Firebirds. It's longer than the Firebird and flies identical lines otherwise. Much more predictable on overhand lines. If the Monster had come out before the Firebird I think they'd be much more popular. Plus you can get nice pearly champs at reasonable prices, they last forever.

The Monster's issue is that there are at least 3 different mold configurations out there. The first Monsters were distance discs at the time. I remember I had gotten a dx Beast(very HSS) when they were first released, then I got a "proline" Beast and Monster when they were released a couple months later. The Proline Beast flew like a faster Valk instead of the dx Beast and the Monster actually flew a lot like the dx Beast.

After that Innova put out the Monster-X which looks like a longer winged FX...total meathooks without a lot distance potential. Then when Star plastic came out we got the Monster-L, which is basically like a more stable Beast-L.

Even with the drama Innova has had with making good Firebirds over the past decade the FB has still been more consistent over the years than the Monster.

Z Buzzz, Champ TeeBird

:doh: Your suppose to list discs that you throw and don't see a lot of other people throwing. You listed two of the most popular and widely enjoyed discs ever made.

PD! Wildly popular it seems online, but I've only played with a two other golfers that bagged one and maybe a handful that have even heard of it.

Discmania td rush. More people should pick these up as first distance drivers. I use mine for big turnovers and lazer straight hyzer flips.

:doh: Your suppose to list discs that you throw and don't see a lot of other people throwing. You listed two of the most popular and widely enjoyed discs ever made.

Whoops, sorry! I misread the OP.

How about the Havoc?

Latest posts