• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

I'm surprised when I DO see MVP in somebody's bag. I've tried a bunch of them, and outside the Amp, there's nothing special about any of them.

agreed. and amp is ok.
although I do like the anode, except the plastic is terrible.

if MVP is smart, they would make putters with grippier material.

otherwise MVP = :gross:

In general it's surprising to see people without understable molds. These aren't necessarily people with killer sidearms either! If it doesn't fit your game, fine, but recognize that you may simply be unable to use it as intended. If you were good, you'd at least be able to see a quality mold for what it is, even if you didn't choose to carry it.

Sidewinders and Roadrunners, there's like a bell curve of dumb comments you'll hear about them. Heard many people who are "too good" for these molds. Yet my fat a$$ could outdrive their Boss with my flippy POS worn Sidewinder. New players who get more distance love them, and skilled players who use them for appropriate utility shots love them.... all the jerks in the middle need 3 Bosses glued together to handle their immense throwing strength.

all the jerks in the middle need 3 Bosses glued together to handle their immense throwing strength.

This.....is what i hear all the time. Noobs saying they flip nuke os, and that the stilleto is the only disc enough for their ability.

Throw a leopard, of You flip it then it's your fault. Learn to throw.

Flat Champion Ontario Cobra- thrown with 250'-300' arm speed, flat during reach back, flat release, dead straight flat flight from release to ground. No need to worry about angle of release, HSS, LSS, ending fade, nothing. Just 100% dead straight from the tee to the ground. All my other discs have variables, straight is always easier.

Trident. One of the most unique discs ever made. Closest thing is a whippet, and even then it's quite different. Don't use tridents much, but when in a gale force wind, there is absolutely nothing like a Trident. The hefty blunt rim feels like a 10 speed driver in your hand, but it flies like a 5 speed, uninhibited by anything in its path.

In general it's surprising to see people without understable molds. These aren't necessarily people with killer sidearms either! If it doesn't fit your game, fine, but recognize that you may simply be unable to use it as intended. If you were good, you'd at least be able to see a quality mold for what it is, even if you didn't choose to carry it.

Sidewinders and Roadrunners, there's like a bell curve of dumb comments you'll hear about them. Heard many people who are "too good" for these molds. Yet my fat a$$ could outdrive their Boss with my flippy POS worn Sidewinder. New players who get more distance love them, and skilled players who use them for appropriate utility shots love them.... all the jerks in the middle need 3 Bosses glued together to handle their immense throwing strength.

Here here.

"My arm is too big for a Roadrunner".

No its not, you're just a torque monkey.

Meanwhile I'm shooting laser beams down tunnels.

Pew pew.

Last edited:
Trident. One of the most unique discs ever made. Closest thing is a whippet, and even then it's quite different. Don't use tridents much, but when in a gale force wind, there is absolutely nothing like a Trident. The hefty blunt rim feels like a 10 speed driver in your hand, but it flies like a 5 speed, uninhibited by anything in its path.

Quoted for truth. I've recently discovered short, flick rollers with it too. That blunt edge seems to do well over coarse terrain. Great utility disc.

Also use an Amp a lot. I think the legacy of Gyro is that it keeps discs on line, but prevents MVP from having traditional under and over stable discs. It mostly implies early or late fade on workable lines in my experience. In a no wind situation, I can flip the Amp up with a fairly wide degree of latitude for long S shots that fade back reliably. Rather than 'understable', I'd call it 'underSTABLE'. I don't ever really have the issue of it continuing to turn if things aren't just right on release as with some other understable FWs.

Here here.

"My arm is too big for a Roadrunner".

No its not, you're just a torque monkey.

Meanwhile I'm shooting laser beams down tunnels.

Pew pew.

i think my favorite shot is a perfect hyzer flip on a laser down a tunnel. i used to use sidewinders but they were all beat probably to RR stability. love a great understable disc

PD! Wildly popular it seems online, but I've only played with a two other golfers that bagged one and maybe a handful that have even heard of it.

YUP! I used to throw PDs, and loved them indeed, but I never saw any other player with them. Even at tournaments, which are filled with "hardcore" discers, I rarely saw PDs. Great disc though.

This thread is awesome (when it doesn't get sidetracked, that is) and just goes to show how hard it must be for top-level players to have a bag all of one manufacturer. Not that I would ever be good enough to be sponsored, but if I did, I honestly don't know if I could accept and still be competitive. Even Innova, who has the most molds along with being able to throw Discmania and Millennium, couldn't fill my bag.

I am proud to see I'm the only one thus far to bag a Demon:thmbup: I'm such a hipster

I don't throw it a whole lot, but its money when I do...
Opto diamond!!
Easy h-flips
Gentle turnovers
Glide for days

The only disc I usually recommend everyone have in the bag.
:thmbup:

Not too many pd lovers in my area. Pretty sure there are as many in my day to day bag as there are being thrown by anyone in a 50 mile radius on a given day. Under appreciated around here fo sho

I'm the only person who I've ever seen throw an OLF. Nobody throws them. One guy at my league throws PDs, but he is the only person I've ever seen throw one on the course.

Although I already contributed to the thread. I'd like to add zombee. It feels just like a buzz. It is my favorite low ceiling or just straight shot disc. Anything between 270-310 it just goes straight when thrown on a little hyzer. And it even finishes straight.

Latest posts