• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wide-rimmed discs

I thought the Destroyer had similar characteristics to the Boss? Boss just had slightly more speed. I think you want to experiment with a Beast?

I love a Destroyer, easily the furthest disc in my bag. I have been wanting to test out a Boss.

I compared Quest AT's Double D's rim to Innova's Boss and Groove's rims:

Boss
Boss.jpeg

Groove
Groove.jpeg

Double D
Double D.jpeg

So, Double D's are a bit wider than both Boss's and Groove's.

No, I don't have Discraft's Force or any other wide-rimmed discs with me at the time of comparison.

Though you should know about it. :rolleyes:

Yeah the Double D is the widest disc out there as it's at the PDGA's new limit for rim width. The wider the rim the more fade a disc is going to have so if you're not throwing the disc with as much spin as the disc is rated for then it's going to fade real early on you and skip pretty hard.

The best thing to do is either follow the sidearm advice of an earlier poster and/or learn to throw slower discs. It took me a long time to get comfortable during the release when throwing midranges at all. If you can hold the line with a Boss and you want to stick with Innova try an SL. That will probably get the turnover you're looking for.

I'm wondering if there are any discs out there that would fit in my hand the same as The Boss, but hold a straight line for the entirety of the shot and not dive off left at the end. Or if there are any wide-rimmed discs that would be considered under stable and hold a continuous right curve.

The short answer: no.

The long answer: Groove is the closest thing that exists so far to what you are asking for. Get the lightest one you can find, and/or wait until they come out in Star plastic, since those will likely be slightly less stable than the Champion plastic.

But really, if you want a disc to go long and straight down a tunnel shot, then a wide-rimmed driver isn't the best answer. Stick to your Teebird or Leopard for those shots -- that's what a pro would do.

I found a 100 meter laser disk (I'm not sure who makes it ) that was the straightest flying driver that ive thrown. It had a wider than normal rim, domed in the center, and dimpeled. It reminded me of my beat in champ orc without the fade.

I found a 100 meter laser disk (I'm not sure who makes it ) that was the straightest flying driver that ive thrown. It had a wider than normal rim, domed in the center, and dimpeled. It reminded me of my beat in champ orc without the fade.

Yeah, I have those SRP 100M Lazer. It's nice one! It does go straight pretty good. Its made by Quest AT and no, its not that wide as any other wide-rimmed discs.