• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will Brodie Smith be better than Dustin Keegan?

Will Brodie Smith > Dustin Keegan?

• Total voters
If Eagle were to put weight on correctly for his sport, kind of the same as some pitchers in MLB that have more muscle on them then just the full on rail thin pitchers is what it might look like.

Absolutely and couldn't agree more. The idea that an athlete would lose arm speed and flexibility putting on muscle and size is baloney, and MLB pitchers and NFL quarterbacks are perfect examples of this.

Your typical pitcher in MLB who is 6'3" isn't 160 lbs . They are 200 + pounds. Which leads me to believe most golfers could be a lot bigger and not only NOT lose arm speed, actually gain it.

Disc golfers in comparison are smaller in size now because the sport is still in its infancy and the big athletes are busy throwing footballs and baseballs. That won't be the case 25 years from now.

Very informal way in America of saying someone is strong and usually shredded and good looking.

In case shredded does not translate that is when someone has good muscles with very little body fat.

Extra confusing is that saying someone is "jacked" is usually a good thing but if one says someone is "jacked up" it may or may not be good, according to the context.

I should not have used slang.

Ok, I get shredded. Thats what I think of for a optimal climber body. "Ropey" kinda muscles. Doesnt hurt in DG either, but like said before, thats hardly a prerequisite. I can hit like 390 distance on a perfect shot, and then you have guys like Jamie Mosier (iirc) who just bomb the disc. My technique sucks.

DK's first two rounds of 2020, well above his rating.
attachment.php

6 weeks till Brodie's first tournament, where DK will also be playing.

Are we taking bets?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 224
Absolutely and couldn't agree more. The idea that an athlete would lose arm speed and flexibility putting on muscle and size is baloney, and MLB pitchers and NFL quarterbacks are perfect examples of this.

Your typical pitcher in MLB who is 6'3" isn't 160 lbs . They are 200 + pounds. Which leads me to believe most golfers could be a lot bigger and not only NOT lose arm speed, actually gain it.

Disc golfers in comparison are smaller in size now because the sport is still in its infancy and the big athletes are busy throwing footballs and baseballs. That won't be the case 25 years from now.

I bet it won't. Didn't the first 3 time Disc golf Worlds winner, first to win more then 2 just before Climo went to get 10 of the Disc Gold Worlds titles have muscle to him as he was a personal trainer? Yeah more and more very soon Disc golf will do what traditional Golf started doing in the 1990's about 25% years ago where players were taking the sport and doing specificity weight training for the parts that get used most on the ball golf course.

Now closest two sports parts to train with weights for are using Baseball Pitchers most of it and Quarterback at least 80%. I see the players in the off season doing some training like with weights and stuff but they are not doing the lower rep high weight stuff that could help them get more distance and have less injuries during the season.

Didn't Tiger Woods basically end the muscles messing up your swing debate? Golfers avoided weight rooms like the plague before he came along and now younger pro golfers are generally more built than the old days.

In terms of disc golf, can anybody on the touring circuit compete with this physical specimen?

iu

I bet it won't. Didn't the first 3 time Disc golf Worlds winner, first to win more then 2 just before Climo went to get 10 of the Disc Gold Worlds titles have muscle to him as he was a personal trainer? Yeah more and more very soon Disc golf will do what traditional Golf started doing in the 1990's about 25% years ago where players were taking the sport and doing specificity weight training for the parts that get used most on the ball golf course.

Now closest two sports parts to train with weights for are using Baseball Pitchers most of it and Quarterback at least 80%. I see the players in the off season doing some training like with weights and stuff but they are not doing the lower rep high weight stuff that could help them get more distance and have less injuries during the season.

You keep changing this description. :)
You mean Steve Wisecup, he won one Worlds, the one before Climo's streak started. Yes he was a personal trainer and the model for the PDGA logo before they used Stokely for that.

Ok, I get shredded. Thats what I think of for a optimal climber body. "Ropey" kinda muscles. Doesnt hurt in DG either, but like said before, thats hardly a prerequisite. I can hit like 390 distance on a perfect shot, and then you have guys like Jamie Mosier (iirc) who just bomb the disc. My technique sucks.

Bout 6ish years or so ago at a local tournament here in Michigan around Halloween, part of this tournament's traditional games is a pumpkin throwing contest. Max field 72 plus almost all men, it was Jamie who shot putted that pumpkin past everyone and won that. It's no luck he can bomb a disc, he's a strong dude.

I wonder if either of them is aware of this thread. :D

Well... It wouldn't surprise me if Paul has seen it and the other Brodie thread. Whether or not he's actually told him about it, who knows...

There are a few pros that we know frequent the site and it wouldn't shock me if there are a few that lurk also. They probably come in here when they need a good laugh.;)

Last edited:
Didn't Tiger Woods basically end the muscles messing up your swing debate? Golfers avoided weight rooms like the plague before he came along and now younger pro golfers are generally more built than the old days.

In terms of disc golf, can anybody on the touring circuit compete with this physical specimen?

iu

Nikko isn't in the same beefcake weight class, but I bet bodyfat/muscle mass percentage is close.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nikko.jpg
    Nikko.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 146
I checked in here to make fun of Dustin Keegan and instead I get this? Thread fail.
Is this your first time on interwebs discussion talky things?

This is basically typical thread drift, based on my own 15+ years of anecdotal experience.

Is this your first time on interwebs discussion talky things?

This is basically typical thread drift, based on my own 15+ years of anecdotal experience.
Lol...I learned from the Interwebz today that sarcasm isn't a thing in Toledo. I'll keep that in mind if I ever make it to a Mud Hens game. Thanks for the heads up. :thmbup:

Lol...I learned from the Interwebz today that sarcasm isn't a thing in Toledo. I'll keep that in mind if I ever make it to a Mud Hens game. Thanks for the heads up. :thmbup:
I had absolutely no reason to assume you were anything less than absurd.