• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will we ever see another McBeth or Pierce?

By shooting -16 consistently.

I wonder, have you read the rules of the sport recently? :thmbup:

I see many people not understand the logic i present...its ok to be in that group...
I wish i was, trust me

Pretty much sums up the entire op. :thmbup:

Im one of those "smaller basket" guys. Its not because i want a smaller basket, it is just a one means for raising the ceiling of difficulty. It isnt that simple but maybe a start.

I do not want to thread drift...so i will not speak of it again.

I def understand what you are saying. The game isnt currently constructed to handle dozens of amazing players. So...i feel the more people that take it seriously, they will have no choice but to increase difficulty in lots of different ways.

With a game where its "you vs the course" , the course is your competition.... if you shoot -18, regardless of what other players do...you will most likely win....the last 3yrs of disc golf has been like watching a good professional sports team(Mcbeth) vs a college team (the course).
Its fun because we have like 5 "Mcbeths" and we see someone separate and be generational but when you have 20 "Mcbeths" that will be more difficult.

This is a great thought provoking topic. It involves many current thoughts and future speculation about the game. The players are getting too good for the game. Courses change every year to compensate for this and we barely have 10 great players.

I expect more courses in the future like the ones on espn or northwoods. I want -9 or -10 to be a great amazing rare round.
The only issue is do we have the property to have these future courses or do we use a bunch of artificial O.B.

Last edited:
The only issue is do we have the property to have these future courses or do we use a bunch of artificial O.B.

Or do we always set par to be appropriate for the Pros according to the definition?

Im one of those "smaller basket" guys. Its not because i want a smaller basket, it is just a one means for raising the ceiling of difficulty. It isnt that simple but maybe a start.

I tend to think we're (the sport) is ok from 100ft in. It's from 400ft out that concerns me. At some point we're going to have to succumb to fresh discussion about artificial mandos, obstacles, etc and how those can impact the drive off the tee.

Or do we always set par to be appropriate for the Pros according to the definition?

Im willing to change my mind if you can somehow make a Par 2 exciting.
Basically before a shot is thrown, no chance for birdie. It would be more of a "dont mess up" hole instead of a scoring hole.

I dont think its any one thing. Adjusting par appropriately IS on of those things.

People hate the comparisons to Golf but that is what our sport is. I think the difficulty of ball golf is too hard and boring....but the difficulty in disc golf is too easy.

Its all about making the necessary changes while maintaining the excitement and watchability.

Disc golf does have a huge potential to becoming very popular. ...and that is because of the Disc itself. Its the main thing that will always propel disc golf. A huge part of the addiction is the plastic throwing/buying/collecting.

We will start to see more and more disc manufacturers teaming up with personalities and companies outside of disc golf. Once you give someone a taste of getting a cool disc , moat will come back for more.

Ok way off topic. Speaking of the professional playing aspect, i feel we need to raise the ceiling of difficulty for the future of the game, on a professional level.

OR do we determine HOW we wish to challenge the world's best players, set up a course that reflects that, and pretty much not worry about "par"?