• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wisconsin

Excellent. I had to go see for myself today and played Gringon twice to celebrate! I'll plan on going over to Silver Creek Park next weekend. Sounds like a nice course!

I went to O'Hauser(and Plamann!) today. What happened to the tee signs? They were all gone.

There's a sign on the bulletin board saying they yanked them because of recent vandalism. They feared the signs would be damaged. I'm going out there on Friday morning to pick up trash and such. Hopefully if enough people help clean it up they'll put 'em back up.

Bummer though. There's so many nice courses around here and people feel the need to destroy them. I just don't get it.

I played the Hatten Stadium Park course in New London tonight. It's not too far from Appleton and worth the trip. I put it up there with Plamann and Silver Creek. My only quibble is that the concrete tees are almost too short. Also some of the last few holes are just open straight shots that aren't very exciting. On the plus side, they provide a scorecard/map for you at the first tee!

Contrary to rusch_bag, I LOVED Waterloo's 9-holer. Probably one of the most challenging 9-hole courses I will ever play. Great use of elevation, tight wooded fairways, water comes into play, OB's to avoid, a VERY technical course. I did not see a basket 2 feet away from a fence...

The only complaint I have is lack of direction (as stated by rusch) but once you go through one time it's easy. No teepads, but that didn't bother me.

Anyone else play it? If you can get it down right, you can play a massive skip off the road on Hole 8. I tried it once, but was denied by the curb about 15' right of the basket and stayed OB. Hole 7 is definately the signature hole of the course (and my favorite).

pd

I've play Wakanda in Menomonie and Tower Ridge in EC.

Wakanda was very fun
TR was the hardest course I've ever played.

pointdisc said:
Contrary to rusch_bag, I LOVED Waterloo's 9-holer. Probably one of the most challenging 9-hole courses I will ever play. Great use of elevation, tight wooded fairways, water comes into play, OB's to avoid, a VERY technical course. I did not see a basket 2 feet away from a fence...

The only complaint I have is lack of direction (as stated by rusch) but once you go through one time it's easy. No teepads, but that didn't bother me.

Anyone else play it? If you can get it down right, you can play a massive skip off the road on Hole 8. I tried it once, but was denied by the curb about 15' right of the basket and stayed OB. Hole 7 is definately the signature hole of the course (and my favorite).

pd

I probably exaggerated a little with the fence(and other things) but I know it was within 12 feet when I was there. I didn't really find it technical but a course where you had to throw and pray and I don't like those kind of courses. A lot of the holes didn't really have any lines at all and it was just solid trees everywhere, I probably also just shot really bad at the course and was a little harsh on it but I was not a fan. I might have to try and play it again before the leaves grow and see if I like it any better.

The only hole I had a problem with was hole 3. There also seemed to be a few fresher stumps, so I'm guessing the cleared it up a bit. Definately go check it out again though.

pd

1. Highbridge (1400 foot hole, enough said, numerous 18 holers)
2. Token Creek Madison (home course im biased)
3. Nordic Mountain (Built on ski hills, difficult)
4. High Stand Madison (Nother beauty in madison)
5. O'Houser Appleton (another signature wooded course of wisconsin)

any of those courses will be a great day trip that you wont be disappointed with

WORST COURSE:

Red Arrow Park, Oshkosh Wisconsin

I really enjoy

Standing Rocks
Silver Creek
Yulga
Sandy Point
Tower Ridge
Nordic Mountain

I would really like to get to

Highbridge
Token Creek

Justin Trails in Sparta is nice. They have 2 eighteen hole courses, but I only played one of them.

Nice blend of holes, the couse I didnt play is apparently pretty long.

This Nordic Mountain, where can one find said course?

Anyone play any of the Green Lake courses yet? May try them out sometime soon...

pd

I believe the nordic mountain course is at nordic mountain the sky place in Wautoma(sp?). I have not been there but I have friends that have been there and rumor has it that there is a lot of elevation there.

pointdisc said:
This Nordic Mountain, where can one find said course?

Anyone play any of the Green Lake courses yet? May try them out sometime soon...

pd

Nordic mountain = mount morris.... Near Wautoma

It's awesome... it has legit par 4s and 5's and lots of great views. Lot's of elevation change and some big D.

Hey everyone,

Duck Pond in Fontana, WI is having a course clean up on saturday. A little work followed by a little disc. Mention DGR and I will hook you up with a disc or 2 for your work.

I think the best one around where i live is at Janesville WI Lustig Park. Its not the best course in WI but its the best in the midlle of southern wisconsin.

The Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) in Cleveland has a pretty nice course on campus. The tees are only woodchips, but the baskets are Mach 5, and it's a super fun course. They did an excellent job using the existing terrain and trees, and wind is almost always a factor. I would highly recommend playing if you're in the area.

FYI; I called the number for the Burr Oaks DGC in Green Lakes and it seems like quite the hassel to get in there to play.

It's private, they have no tees or tee signs, they use the same basket for multiple holes, and the only time you can play is when they're up there for the weekends (which is sporadic). However, if you do get the urge, I was told to call ahead on a Thursday or Friday to see IF they'll be up there for the weekend.

pd

Brown Deer is DA BOMB! Tendick is also a fun course. But my favorite that I've played in Wisconsin is Brown Deer and Dretzka Original.