• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wisconsin

Thought I heard at one time Ripon was puting in some courses (three possibly).

Any new news regarding this?

pd

Fritz said:
Brown Deer is DA BOMB! Tendick is also a fun course. But my favorite that I've played in Wisconsin is Brown D\eer and Dretzka Original.

Brown Deer is also my favorite course in SE WI.

Its always fun playing Dineen, Dretzka, and Brown Deer in a day :)

My favorite 9'er in the area would HAVE to be Harnischfeger Park, located about 7 miles northwest of Oconomowoc. They have a series of 4 wooded holes that are absolutely phenomenal. Id recommend it to anyone! Warning; You will not se another soul there, but you will encounter hoards of mosquitos. SO bring spray, or you wont even be able to play.

QUestion to you guys; Is Baraboo Lions DGC worth an exclusive 2 hour drive?

Bobby12many said:
My favorite 9'er in the area would HAVE to be Harnischfeger Park, located about 7 miles northwest of Oconomowoc. They have a series of 4 wooded holes that are absolutely phenomenal. Id recommend it to anyone! Warning; You will not se another soul there, but you will encounter hoards of mosquitos. SO bring spray, or you wont even be able to play.

I love this course, only a 10 minute drive. It does get very soggy after rain and the mosquitos are very thick but worth it!

Tra said:
Bobby12many said:

I love this course, only a 10 minute drive. It does get very soggy after rain and the mosquitos are very thick but worth it!

I have a feeling that it may be a few weeks before it dries out enough to play. #2 tee and basket area was never fully dried out this spring..... Im sure it will be damn near unplayable for at least a few more weeks after the rains we had this past weekend :(

All of my nearby courses are flooded out at this point.

Bobby12many said:

I'd say yes. I really like the barbaoo course. its rarely busy and by busy I mean 4 or 5 other groups on the course. Make sure you go when its not wet. The only downfall of the course is the rubber teepads that can get slippery if wet.

kvanorsdel said:
Bobby12many said:

I'd say yes. I really like the barbaoo course. its rarely busy and by busy I mean 4 or 5 other groups on the course. Make sure you go when its not wet. The only downfall of the course is the rubber teepads that can get slippery if wet.

Im looking for a good day-trip for me and my buddy. We will be coming from the Delafield/Waukesha area up there to play.

Are there any other courses within 20-30 miles that are worth scopin out?

Bobby12many said:
kvanorsdel said:
Bobby12many said:

Im looking for a good day-trip for me and my buddy. We will be coming from the Delafield/Waukesha area up there to play.

Are there any other courses within 20-30 miles that are worth scopin out?

Token Creek and Hiestand would be the closet. They are on your way past Madison

Telemark... WOW!!!

Amazing course! Got the opportunity to play all 24 this week as a conference I had to go to for work was held here (too bad I forgot my discs and had to rent their "discs"). Up and down a massive (for WI) ski hill, open holes, wooded holes, and every kind of shot you'll ever need and then some!

It is a workout playing this course. Took me a bit over 2 hours to play all 24 and I was the only I saw playing that day! Tons of hiking involved and great hill-top views on some of the final holes! A must play if you ever find yourself in the Cable area, plus it's not too far from Highbridge either. A few ticks as well, but nothing terrible.

pd

Anyone w/ any info about Token Creek? Playing in the Badger State games this weekend and I've never played out here before. I've looked up the course stats & some pics, but couldn't find hole lengths or anything else.

All info & tips greatly appreciated.

pd

PD take a look at the discoverwisc website, the have a hole by hole picture layout of the course. From what I've heard the baskets are now in the long positions. You can use the dropdown menu to view just Token

I'll be playing as well, keep an eye out and say hi, I'll be the guy with the red and black gorilla boy bag, with out the tattoos.

I had the opportunity to hit up UW-Parkside today.

Might I say, this was my first experience at the course and It was an extremely positive one! Although they apparently removed half of their holes (they kept the observation deck teepad and the elevated basket. however :) and are now in the process of cutting new tunnel-holes out of thick brushy woodland to replace those lost due to construction, and they have relocated many of the pulled baskets to create a somewhat linear ~15 functioning hole course.

There was also a freshly installed 9-holer there that was quite challenging and extremely fun. It was only marked by spraypaint, and there were no teepads, but the layout was absolutely boss. Torns of thorny brush filled tunnel shots and Alot of blind ~400' drives. It was quite strange, as the course itself was almost hidden completely from sight and is completely unmarked. It felt like a lil slice of private heaven for a few minutes this afternoon.

I wish I knew what to call this 9-holer, as it is definitely one of my favorite courses I have ever played. Another positive note; while walking around and scoping out the freshly cut holes my buddies and I found a total of 7 discs :shock: Including 2 Champ Valks, a DX Valk, 2 Champ Beasts, and an old ass Innova Scorpion.

All of you guys in SE Wisconsin / NE Ill need to go check it out. The course is located behind the Police Station and Child Care Center, the first tee located behind the police station's storage garages.

Also, does anyone know of when the rest of the baskets will be in on the campus course this year? I cant find any info online about what when and why things are the way they are right now on the course. Not complaning, because when its completed it will be an amazing 27 Hole area that will rival Dretzka IMO.

Cheers!

kvanorsdel said:
Sergio has been writing course updates on the pdga board

Thank you very much for that link.

But the strange thing is that there has been absolutely ZERO mention of the new 9 that was installed in a seperate area than the UW course.

Im OK with it being a hidden treasure, but Im hoping to find out more info on its future.

Here is a lil course map I made for that msytery course @ Parkside in Kenosha.

mapsho3.jpg

Just thought I would let you all know that #5 at the Quarry in Sheboygan fell to my 176 SOLS. My second ace ever and the first one in two years.

Had a chance to hit up the new course; "Indian Creek" in Manitiwoc. What a fun course that is.

Its a bit open, but what it lacks in tightness, it makes up for in length and elevation.

Good luck to all of those playing there in the 'Manitowalk in the Park' this weekend! it will be a great tourney course!

"New" course in Fond du Lac at Adelaide. They (city) re-did the retention ponds making them bigger and had to pull about 7 for the work. The work is done and the ENTIRE course (well, except hole 1) has been changed. Many new holes, some of the old ones have been tweaked, and the new pond comes into play (borders the entire length of the new 6). Only two rounds by myself on it so far, but better than the old Adelaide (IMHO).

pd

Heard from a little birdy earlier in the year that Ripon was going to put in 2-3 new coursed, but haven't learned anything since. Any truth to this?

pd

My favorite WI courses (I've only played courses up north!) are Telemark (Cable), Highbridge (Mellen) and Fiddler's Creek (Hayward). Telemark is one tough course, Highbridge is in a class of it's own and Fiddler's Creek is a fun pay to play course that used to be much better before they had to cut down all their trees.