• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Wizard, the Greatest Putter Ever vs. the judge

Wizard or judge

• Wizard

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • Judge

Votes: 44 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's a good time to be looking for a putter. There are a lot more options now than when I was looking. I still personally prefer Wizards.

I was more referring to the legitimacy of the bracket votes. I couldn't care less whether my chosen putter is popular or not.

Try the shield. feels like a judge, comes in BT soft and is good for short putts and drives. I don't think it carries like a wizard, but its faf, it's not going to if it's flat like a judge.

If the Shield feels like the Judge, then I look like Bradley Cooper.

I wanted to throw an all trilogy bag for a bit- but when I tried to give up the wizard it just didn't work. Then I found the scale too. Trilogy needs to get on the ball with its putters.

I think a lot of it is a style/feel preference. I really dig low profile putters, so a lot of the Trilogy ones are appealing. That said, a Judge can be flippy for me if I have bad form, so I didn't keep it in the bag. Feels amazing in the hand, though. If I could get Judge feel + Wiz stability I would be all over it.

Also, I love that we all get worked up over discs. It means we're in the right place here. :hfive:

I think a lot of it is a style/feel preference. I really dig low profile putters, so a lot of the Trilogy ones are appealing. That said, a Judge can be flippy for me if I have bad form, so I didn't keep it in the bag. Feels amazing in the hand, though. If I could get Judge feel + Wiz stability I would be all over it.

Also, I love that we all get worked up over discs. It means we're in the right place here. :hfive:

That's pretty much how I felt about the judge. It did feel like it had a slightly cleaner release than the wizard- but not enough to compensate for the flight. Plus I just love the eraser plastic.

I'm on the judge side. I played a DD challenge at my course and played really solid using only a judge and tresspass, so I switched from the Ion to it. To me it feels right in the hand, and I was able to get misprints or 3/4 the price of the cheapest I could get gateway putters.

I'm sure I could switch and be perfectly fine with a wizard, even thought about purchasing 50 or so of a single run of wizards that I would like.. But Judges work for me, so why mess it up.

I tried to like the Wizard. Again and again. It just feels weird in my hand every time. It just doesn't fit. It is workable for putting - but I like to throw the same mold I putt with. So it didn't even make it to the bag...
The Judge feels good in the hand - but not right for putting. It feels good to throw but it isn't stable/overstable enough. It didn't last long in the bag. Great for shorter approaches though.

I did throw all my putter molds a couple days ago on an open field. I always felt that the Wizard didn't float/glide very well. It was definitely shorter than the Mercy, Shield and Pure and dropped to the ground faster (not like a stone - but that came to mind). It felt like a Harp without the strong fade. An the Shield and Mercy didn't care as much about the headwind...

So I am currently throwing a Plasma Ion and a Soft Wizard for drives/P&A, and a soft Proton Ion for putts. I recently acquired a BT Med Harp for the OS upshot slot and and I love the feel of the disc as far as the plastic/grip is concerned. Can you guys recommend a mold/plastic that is similar to the Ion and Wizard mold-wise with the same grip that BT Med has?

I was thinking Judges but this thread has me thinking maybe there is something else. What do yall think?

So I am currently throwing a Plasma Ion and a Soft Wizard for drives/P&A, and a soft Proton Ion for putts. I recently acquired a BT Med Harp for the OS upshot slot and and I love the feel of the disc as far as the plastic/grip is concerned. Can you guys recommend a mold/plastic that is similar to the Ion and Wizard mold-wise with the same grip that BT Med has?

I was thinking Judges but this thread has me thinking maybe there is something else. What do yall think?

Closest thing I can think of is an Eraser Wizard. The Judge obviously comes in the exact same plastic.

The Wizard is THE putter.

Other companies strive to replicate the glory of Gateway's S plastic and even the best attempts (MVP Electron) receive complaints that they just aren't sturdy enough.

I have an RFF Wizard that is nearly indestructible. I've thrown it in parking lots for warm up for two years and it still flies like the day I got it.

Both? I really like my Judges. Switching to them made a huge difference in my putting and approach game. I've also aced with the Judge and not the Wizard.

However...The Wizard doesn't get blown around as much as the Judge does, and we get a lot of wind around here. I can also get a bit more power into the Wizard on a straight drive. RFF is my go-to winter plastic, but I like harder putters when it's warm. When the chains are frozen, though, the softer plastic makes a huge difference in what sticks and what blows through.

I'm sitting on the fence and have no shame.