• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wofle's Bag

Wofles

Hey guys, Let me know what you think of my setup. Anything that might be beneficial that I'm missing?

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG about 1.5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: 85% bh, 10% fh, 5% oh
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Ion: 280/300'; Buzzz: 300/330'; Teebird: 350/370, Wraith: 380/400

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex:M
Injuries/handicaps?: n/a
Other sport proficiencies?: n/a
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Pretty satisfied with my setup. I've found molds I like and seem to have all the bases covered. I'm into minimalism to a point, but not insanely so. If I feel another mold will benefit my bag I will add it, but I won't add a mold simply for the sake of having another disc.
Specific areas of desired feedback: general critique
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term

Bag:

Distance Drivers

• 172 Z Force – Windy day Max D and Power Hyzers
• 175 Star Wraith - seasoned and domey – I throw this for big S shots or hyzer flips on more open holes.
• 175 Champ Wraith – More stable than the star. Will go straight and fade.
• 175 Champ Beast – Big hyzer flips and turnovers (I've been trying to decide whether I like the beast or Valk more for this role. Testing the Beast right now.)

Fairway Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

• 172 12x Firebird – Overstable Fairway: Headwind driver and beef hyzers. I don't use this often as Charlotte courses are mostly in the woods and I feel the Teebirds cover most of my shots. Tends to stay at home unless its really windy.
• 175 Totem Teebird – More stable fairway: I keep this one in there for big hyzers and when I want more fade that the beat bird will give me.
• 175 champ 12x Teebird seasoned – stable control driver: This is my main driver. It's not super domey like some 12x and it is seasoned making it just straight and stable.
• 170 star Leopard seasoned – Understable fairway: I use it for annys, turnovers, and hyzerflips.

Mids:

• 175 Z Hornet – Overstable mid shots, hard hyzers, spikes, wind, or a shot that just needs to dump out at the end more than a buzzz will want to do to around 320'
• 177 Z Buzzz seasoned – Main stable mid. All straight shots and smooth hyzers up to 330 or even more if I'm in the woods and want better placement than a teebird might give me.
• 170 Opto Fuse: Hyzer flips, annys, and turnovers in the 300-330 range.

Putters:

• 175 SM 12x KC pro Aviar- All putting duties.
• 171 S Ion – Stable Driving and upshots up to 280'
• 175 beat magnet or beat SM KC pro aviar – Understable putter drives. I prefer the aviar but I only have 4 of the sannys so I don't like to use it for driving. Thus, I bag the magnet most days. I've been meaning to buy a beadless aviar and give that a shot for US putter throws.

Looks really good to me. You could probably take a step up the speed ladder or two from the Wraiths/Beast/Valk. I'd also consider a heavy, flat C-MD2 to replace the Hornet, I think it feels a lot more like a Buzzz in the hand and will stay in that overstable Buzzz kind of slot for a while. Might not have the dump fade you like but I'd definitely check it out if you aren't super happy with the Hornet.

Looks really good to me. You could probably take a step up the speed ladder or two from the Wraiths/Beast/Valk. I'd also consider a heavy, flat C-MD2 to replace the Hornet, I think it feels a lot more like a Buzzz in the hand and will stay in that overstable Buzzz kind of slot for a while. Might not have the dump fade you like but I'd definitely check it out if you aren't super happy with the Hornet.

Thanks for the tip on the MD2. I'll keep a look out for one on the cheap side to test out. As far as the wraiths go, for now I feel that they are as fast as I should be throwing. I've just gotten to where I'm breaking 350 easily in the last 2 months or so and I'm still working on my form trying to nail everything down. Once I feel more comfortable about my throw and can hit 400 more easily I plan to bump up to destroyers if I find some nice ones or add in some esp forces as I've heard those make a solid compliment to the beefy Z forces.

Well I finally took leopards out of my bag. They have not been used much in recent months due to my gaining distance and ability to work a buzzz on leopard lazer lines. To top it off, pros were too flippy and stars took to long to wear in since I wasnt using them. Was kinda sad as I've had leos in the bag since I started. Put some valks in in their place as Ive always liked those and they flip easier and longer.

New distances: Buzzz-350, Teebird-400, wraith-440-450ish
Bag:

Distance Drivers

• 172 Z Force – Windy day Max D and Power Hyzers
• 175 Star Wraith - seasoned and domey – I throw this for big S shots or hyzer flips on more open holes.
• 175 Champ Wraith – More stable than the star. Will go straight and fade.
• 175 Thrashed Star Wraith – Big hyzer flips and turnovers

Fairway Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

• 172 12x Firebird – Overstable Fairway: Headwind driver and beef hyzers. I don't use this often as Charlotte courses are mostly in the woods and I feel the Teebirds cover most of my shots. Tends to stay at home unless its really windy.
• 175 Totem Teebird – More stable fairway: I keep this one in there for big hyzers and when I want more fade that the beat bird will give me.
• 170 champ 11x Teebird seasoned – stable control driver: Sniper Rifle
• 168 Champ Valkyrie - Hyzer flips, flat turnovers
167 Star Valkyrie beat - Hyzer flip to turn.

Mids:

• 175 Z Hornet – Overstable mid shots, hard hyzers, spikes, wind, or a shot that just needs to dump out at the end more than a buzzz will
• 177 Z Buzzz seasoned – Main stable mid. All straight shots and smooth hyzers up to 350
•180 Glow Buzzz - beafier than the main buzzz.
170 Opto Fuse: Hyzer flips, annys, and turnovers in the 300-350 range.

Putters:

• 175 SM 12x KC pro Aviar- All putting duties.
• 171 S Ion – Stable Driving, upshots, annies

idk if you really are throwing 450, i dont see why you would need a firebird and force.
nice to see you dumped the magnet
i never clicked with leopard either.
i was shocked how quick i bet in my hornet so not i use the flx drone, she is the epitome of overstable mid. and has continued to be
cant imagine you have much difference in the beat wraith DD turnover spot and your FD turnover, if you are throwing 350 with a fuse
bases covered never the less

idk if you really are throwing 450, i dont see why you would need a firebird and force.
nice to see you dumped the magnet
i never clicked with leopard either.
i was shocked how quick i bet in my hornet so not i use the flx drone, she is the epitome of overstable mid. and has continued to be
cant imagine you have much difference in the beat wraith DD turnover spot and your FD turnover, if you are throwing 350 with a fuse
bases covered never the less

As far as distances go, im pretty sure im hitting 430+. I would not have said i was a few days ago. Played an open course and overthrew a 400 slight uphill. Then parked a 440. Ive been hitting 400 for a few months. I use the fb for beefier tb shots and wind and force for. Wraith shots in wind. I could probably drop the valks but they work for turnovers in my tb range whereas the beat wraith goes a bit farther. I wish the drone wasnt only made in flex. I hate floppy plastic

i agree about the drone but i fell in love with a d drone that only lasted one round so i had no choice, and i loved its predictability. Dynamic disc currently has some LE z drones now. in a short while im willing to bet the tbird will beat to a turnover, your totem will be the sniper and youll pick up another fresh tbird for wind. if you wanted to minimize, a max weight champ FB would prob sub the force, but its not like your overloaded with molds so whatever works.

distance is a funny thing. ive parked 400 holes ect yet when i feild test and use a tape to mark my field im getting 375 max. so i wonder, is the hole distance wrong or does it have more to do with wind. The field i use always has wind even on the calmest of days and its headwind one direction, tailwind the other.
i recently was helping a kid out with his bag, he was saying he hits 350 with his roc. i happened upon his form critique and i can def say he couldn't hit 300 on his farthest drive. it was laughable for me.
if you want to get something out of a bag critique, lying on distance is not doing you any favors. maybe some pats on the bag but what good is that.
nice bag, and congrats on the rapid growth

Latest posts