• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worlds updates

Thuggy Bear Ton has taken 2nd at world what, 4 times or so? I think it is "the man" holding him down. The Man even managed to stop him from signing up in time this year.

Think how the org would have reacted if Avery lost that playoff to Josh "Thuggy Fresh" Anton.

That being said, Micheal Jo seems like a genuinely nice guy who loves the sport. Put on top of that his obvious skill, understanding of McDaniel designed courses and overall local knowledge, and he'll be in the mix come the last round.

Is there anyone else who has a Sister/Mother/Father who are world champs? Avery was a marketting wet dream.

Think how the org would have reacted if Avery lost that playoff to Josh "Thuggy Fresh" Anton.

That being said, Micheal Jo seems like a genuinely nice guy who loves the sport. Put on top of that his obvious skill, understanding of McDaniel designed courses and overall local knowledge, and he'll be in the mix come the last round.

MJ and Schwebby are probably 2 of the nicer pros I have met.

Last edited:
i'm surprised none of the Advanced scores have been put in yet, round 1 was done a few hours ago.

and yeah, Schweby and MJ are super nice guys. Schweby is one of the funnest guys to play a round with there is.

yeah i havent met a ton but out of the few i have..
nicest : MJ
not so nice : Barry Schultz.. could have been a bad morning for him too.. or maybe he had his music turned waaay up .. still love to watchi him play tho

Is there anyone else who has a Sister/Mother/Father who are world champs? Avery was a marketting wet dream.

Paige's Dad finished 2nd in Am in 2002 and was/is sitting 1 back in Advanced Master after the first round.

It is still possible for them to both take it home to Plano (they live 3.5 miles from me.)

Paige is a lovly player and shes a lil qutie in real life too. I saw her lastnight at the flymart you can tell her car in the parking lot bc it says Paige Pierce in 3ft tall letters on her mini van lol.

yeah i havent met a ton but out of the few i have..
nicest : MJ
not so nice : Barry Schultz.. could have been a bad morning for him too.. or maybe he had his music turned waaay up .. still love to watchi him play tho

I've met a ton and the only one that wasn't super cool was Bradly 'the cactus'.

when I say met, I mean recongnise me and call me by name. Not just introducing myself in a parking lot. Some of them come across as shy more than anything else. The Dude & McBeast specifically

Last edited:

I'm the last person to say Avery didn't deserve to win. KC is a tough town to play golf in, and we have a lot (lot) of courses. I would have to go back to the numbers, but I think they played 5 courses in Open (Thornfield, Cliff, Big Blue, Waterworks, Rosedale). If you make it through that much golf, you deserve to win. I got to play a couple rounds with him earlier in the year at a local tournamnet, and he's a really nice guy. But the PDGA has a lot better ability to market him when compared with Anton.

Last edited:
If this is going to stay one giant feed we should start keeping track of start/stop times so we know where everything is.

Day 2 MPO Afternoon Coverage: 3952 - ____

Guess Billy isn't commentating this round. I can't stand Dave's voice. He spends more time saying what they should have done on each shot than talking about what is going on with lies/other course information.

agree, Dave isn't the greatest. He does seem to be better when he has someone else to play off of rather than going solo