• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Customer Service from MSt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steezo

Eagle Member
Hello DGer's

What are your opinions on this....

I called Marshall Street on Monday and spoke with Peter. I called to verify that the 3 Mercy's they have on the site are 170g as listed. I spoke with Peter and point blank asked him if he can weigh these and make sure they are 170g. He replied yes and then took my order over the phone for two of them. I called on Monday as I knew I needed these for my ONLY tournament this weekend- OUTLAWS baby!! I get the discs in the mail on Wednesday and to my surprise, Marshall Street put their own sticker on the front of the disc stating 170g but on the bottom of both discs are Lat64's sticker stating 174g. I put them on the scale and what you do you think that lil digi scale told me- It told me, "HEY- MS fcked up- these are exactly 174g." I immediately call MS and leave a VM for Peter to call me the next day. Peter never calls so I call him. Peter apologies and trys to find some light Mercy's. All he finds are two 172g Mercys. I proceed to tell Peter, EXTREMELY calmly that I am disappointed but we can work through it. I advise Peter that I will email MS a prepaid label for NEXTDAY shipping so I can have my discs on Friday. Peter said that they can reimburse me the shipping charges. I tell Peter that is will cost me around $23 to have them overnight and wondered if I can just keep the two $9.99 174g Mercys they sent. He said he will have to ask the Manager and call me back.

So Trent, the manager calls me advised that I can ship the two incorrect discs back at the LOWEST COST SHIPPING RATE (meaning slowest) and then when they receive them they will send out the new discs and credit my CC the return fee. I explained to Trent my frustration about calling the store, my need for the discs by Friday and my desire to pay for NEXTDAY shipping. Trent stated that MS WILL NOT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to print my label off and drop the package off at a FedEx location (15miles away). I then told Trent to "man up" and take care of a customer that specifically called MS and had them confirm the weight of the discs. Trent got hot on the phone about the "man up" comment and then refused to give me his name. I kept asking until he told me.

I can't believe this from MS. I have ordered stuff from them since 2006 and had some other problems that were resolved immediately.

Rant off- Disc Nation it is for now on.

I've had mostly good experiences with them, but a few times I've been frustrated. The first time they sent me the incorrect disc, I emailed and they told me that since it was their mistake, I should keep the disc and they would send the right one.

But since then, I have had messed up orders twice and was told to mail back the disc, which is always annoying when there is a tournament coming up, and you are forced to go out of your way to help fix their mistake.

That being said, I'm sure I will continue to order from them. They don't mess up that often.

Bummer. For what it's worth, I checked our system and 174g is the lightest one we've ever put into inventory. Not sure what Lat actually produced as far as weight range. (We threw a Mercy onto the warehouse roof that might have baked out a few grams...)

Lemme know if there's anything we can get for ya, I think Stef is stopping by the store later for our Outlaws sponsorship.

Registering 2g on my give-a-crap scale (ranges from a 0g crap to a metric butt-ton). But then, I sincerely doubt my game in its current state could be hurt or helped by 4g on a disc. Scale calibration?

So you want someone to leave the store and drive 30 miles round trip because you can really tell the difference between 2 grams...

First world problems...

you both have a point, but i still think the OP's right. if you go out of your way to call, talk to a person, verify you're getting what you want, and they STILL mess it up... they need to go out of their way to fix it. i don't care if it's 1 gram and it costs 30 mins of their time.

i'd almost say this sounds like they knew they couldn't fill your order, so they tried to pull the wool over your eyes. "just slap a 170 sticker on it, he'll never know." Of course no one can say for sure, but if you say you weighed something, you better damn sure have weighed it.

You're never going to get anywhere by telling someone to 'man up'. There are more tactful ways of sending the intended message. You were inviting an escalated response by saying that.

As far as the weights go, that is disappointing. You trusted them to have weighed their stuff right, and they messed up. Lesson learned.

You tried to get them to work with you on their mistake and they didn't accept your terms, sometimes that's just the way it goes. So buy from Disc Nation and pay a little more for your piece of mind.

Thnx ZAM-

That is why I called because I didn't think there were Mercy's under 174g. If you put your 170g sticker on the disc then why leave the Lat64 174g sticker on the bottom?? MS dropped the ball and I wanted them to pick it up. I will tell anyone any day to "man up" after they tell me, word for word- "I WILL NOT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO GO TO FEDEX"- Really- cause I went out of my way to give you my business and confirm what YOUR inventory shows. :doh:

me thinks there be more to this story...let's see what trenton.solomon has to say.

Everything I wrote is what happened-

I am patiently awaiting Trent's response. I told him that I am going to this board and facebook to show others my experience.

I'm not saying your experience is wrong, I'm just saying there has to be more to the story.

Scale calibration, changes in elevation, water absorption; don't all of these affect the weight?

It may have really been 170g on their scales... They leave factory stickers on because that's how discs come.

Sucks that you don't get your exactly 170g discs for your tourney but it could have been handled better; by both parties.

I always laugh when people get bitchy on the phone and don't get their way. I know first hand how that doesn't work lol

If everything transpired as the OP described, then I think MS is entirely at fault.

Is there a huge difference between a 174g and a 170g disc? No, not really. But the OP knew exactly what he wanted, called to speak with a real person to guarantee that he was getting exactly what he wanted, and then was given something other than what he ordered. The fact that they threw new stickers on top that didn't match the stickers already on the disc shows that, to me, either Peter was being intentionally deceptive or just wasn't paying enough attention to his work to make sure that the order went out correctly. I'd like to think that it was just negligence and not straight deception, and I'm more than willing to give the retailer the benefit of the doubt there until proven otherwise. Regardless, the order was messed up and it's MS's responsibility to fix it.

If an order gets screwed up, then it needs to be fixed, especially when the customer was so specific with his requests. The fact that MS went out of their way to say that they won't be doing any extra work to fix their own mistake is very disappointing and certainly garners the "man up" response. Hopefully Trent can shed some more light on the story so that we can get a perspective from both sides, but if this story is accurate then there is no way that I would put my business with a company that doesn't take pride in their work and then won't fix the issues that they themselves created.

Everything did happen the way I described as I am the type of person that stands be what he does and says. Check my feedback for reference.

Also, a 4g difference IS a BIG difference when you are throwing that disc many many times over the course of a two-day tournament- AND I have cappral tunnel, wrist bone spurs, blew out my elbow and shoulder playing minor league baseball, had 4 different ACL knee surgeries between BOTH knees. It makes a difference-

POSTS MEAN NOTHING WITHOUT PICS !
so here is one :popcorn:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
As everyone knows there are two sides to every story. It didn't happen quite like that and the OP was not as calm as he would like others to believe. After calling back I informed of that once in a while the wrong stickers get put on the wrong discs. I also proceeded to say that our standard operating procedure was to have them send us the disc back (we reimburse for cheapest mode) in this case a flat rate priority envelope and upon receiving them back we send out replacements.

The OP also kept saying he had to have the discs by tomorrow and I told him I wasn't going to change our store policy. I also told him we were not going to drive into the second largest city in MA way out of our way to drop off a package for him when I didn't have his original disc. He became extremely frustrated and told me to "man-up". I did get irritated because we do the best we can to fix problems and spending close to an hour to drop off a package at Fed-Ex just isn't doable.

I also never refused to give my name. I said "does it matter" after I was told that he was going to blow this up.

I stand by my actions and think this is beyond childish.

Enjoy paying much higher prices at Discnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts