• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Worst disc ever (color)

I got a dark blue/green Servo and it's pretty much impossible to find in shade and/or weeds

I have a bright blue Mako 3 that is probably the most visible in all conditions, and a gray Avenger SS that is probably one of my worst. I have developing cataracts and have a hard time distinguishing contrasts, and fortunately I play most of my rounds with a couple of buddies and they are very kind to help point out my discs for me.

Yeah, some of the plasma patterns in particular are dimly shaded head scratchers. But then others (the ones I opt for) are pretty vibrant and intense. I will say that the typical plasma stamp is an absolute beacon in the sunlight.

I had a Trilogy Challenge Thief that has to have been died using pigment extracted from pine straw. I finally lost it after not really looking too hard because I was tired of not seeing it in the woods.

Barf...

OIP.RekB9ErfbxN5VzN9JUkaFgHaEK

That disc should be called the Baby**** Green Crave...

there are some bad colored discs out there. Out of curiosity, I threw the MVP a couple of times in a field of cut grass. Watched it fly/land and still stumbled around trying to find it.

I guess if you are making discs that can get lost in short grass and you can get people to buy them, it's a profitable strategy.

Vibram used to do camo earth tone colors. That's possibly the only thing worse than solid black. (I'm looking at you who own a R2 disc and drive with in the woods)

Worst is probably one of the many poopy swirled discs that have been molded since they became a big deal. There was a season there where all the special runs were swirl and they had clearly run out of non-poopy plastic seconds. Natural clear in something not too glossy might actually be worse.

Best by far in all conditions I find is hot pink. Crazy bright chartreuse is actually not terrible, however admittedly does mimic sun-dappled leaves.

I kept a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet of discs I owned back in the day; I recorded the color of this one as "baby poop".

picture.php

This one takes the cake. Like, the swirls are not even in a geometric pattern that stands out from nature!