• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I'll just leave this right here...
SWR Brainwave dyed Supreme Flight stamp

I just got my *BWR's in the mail today, the bottom of the rim is more concave than my other wraiths. Hopefully the weather will hold tomorrow and I can get a chance to throw them.

I have had at least one of a star and pro wraith in my bag for years. Same with desteoyer but been more on wraith lately. Ice Bowl prob went wraith 15 of 21 drives. Super consistent, holds up to wind great. Unless i really need to flip something over for the shot it's the go to! Dead straight down the middle, little flip for some D, or huge hyzer, i can throw my beat up wraiths as far as anything else I've tried

I love some wraiths

What i clicked on said post your stories...I was playing at shawnee lake in topeka. There was some kids swimming in the cove you throw over on 18. This girl comes out of the water with a star wraith, no name on it. I said I'll give you $5. She says no, I want it! Hr mom says "you need to pay your cell phone bill"! My first wraith. I love that story. I have many more wraiths now. Love the PRO as well

After working on my form a lot, and building up my arm strength, I finally decided that it's time to bag my Wraiths. Well, needless to say, I just threw my best round yet, and my Wraiths came through in many ways for me! Got 2 dx, one beat up & flippy, the other nice & stable that works great for my sidearm. And the other, a Star that I feel is gonna become my main big distance driver. Love the Wraith!

Anyone throwing StarLite Wraiths? What is the stability like in the 150's? Are any of them beefy?

I've thrown a few, no beef. You probably have better odds finding a pop-top Blizzard Champion with a high PLH. The recent run of Star Destroyers in the 150s have been really overstable lately though

Last edited:
Got to throw my *BWR'S yesterday...definitely a little more flippy than my pfn *WR and thus a little further flying, still pretty beefy though, held up to a headwind well. My only wraith that flies further is my very beat in pfn champ at 168g on a hyzerflip line. The *BWR flies a lot like my pfn pro wraith did when it was brand new. Will be in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Got to throw my *BWR'S yesterday...definitely a little more flippy than my pfn *WR and thus a little further flying, still pretty beefy though, held up to a headwind well. My only wraith that flies further is my very beat in pfn champ at 168g on a hyzerflip line. The *BWR flies a lot like my pfn pro wraith did when it was brand new. Will be in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Can you post a side by side picture?

So this is the Wraith thread with the most posts...I'm looking for a beefy Wraith. Which current production Wraiths are the most beefy? Star, Champion or Metal Flake? I prefer premium plastic drivers. Are domey Wraiths usually more beefy than flat Wraiths?

So this is the Wraith thread with the most posts...I'm looking for a beefy Wraith. Which current production Wraiths are the most beefy? Star, Champion or Metal Flake? I prefer premium plastic drivers. Are domey Wraiths usually more beefy than flat Wraiths?

This is where someone would typically chime in with the issue of PLH and there's a lot of truth to that.

Every max weight Star/Champion Wraith I've ever had since 2005 has been beefy when new. Easy answer is Champion will hold on to that beef longer.

It's been my experience that flat Champion Wraiths have been the beefiest and best performers in the wind. I pair a flat Champion (wind/FH hyzers) with a star that has some dome to it (workhorse Wraith). I haven't thrown a metal flake because I can't find one that has a nice bright opaque color.

This is where someone would typically chime in with the issue of PLH and there's a lot of truth to that.

Every max weight Star/Champion Wraith I've ever had since 2005 has been beefy when new. Easy answer is Champion will hold on to that beef longer.

It's been my experience that flat Champion Wraiths have been the beefiest and best performers in the wind. I pair a flat Champion (wind/FH hyzers) with a star that has some dome to it (workhorse Wraith). I haven't thrown a metal flake because I can't find one that has a nice bright opaque color.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to pick up a flat max weight Champion Wraith. I may pick up a MF as well, just to see how it flies.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to pick up a flat max weight Champion Wraith. I may pick up a MF as well, just to see how it flies.

Champ wraiths season so nicely I kinda miss one in my bag.

Please do post about that MF if you do, if it is crazy OS I might want one for wide hyzers.

Still so sad I lost my new "pro" wraith that felt like 70℅ star 30℅ champ. Gummy, stiff, juuuust that touch of dome you want no more.

Champ wraiths season so nicely I kinda miss one in my bag.

Please do post about that MF if you do, if it is crazy OS I might want one for wide hyzers.

Still so sad I lost my new "pro" wraith that felt like 70℅ star 30℅ champ. Gummy, stiff, juuuust that touch of dome you want no more.
I know in years past Champion MF discs tended to be more beefy than their Champion counterparts. I've heard that regular production MF discs haven't been as consistently beefy lately :\ I hope that isn't the cause with Wraiths.

If you can't find a Wraith beefy enough you could try a DD. Wraith bottom, DM Anny top.