• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] WTB Wind disc/spike hyzer/long driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatiBuckeye

Eagle Member
Im trying to fill two or these slots with one disc. I need a wind disc that i can use for spike hyzers and forehand shots. List Below in order... Also I will consider offers for a star wraith if the price is right. I would prefer used discs so that I can afford them.

1. Flx Pred
2. Xcal
3. TeeRex
4. Other Suggestions...

1. Max weight star Wraith

If u want a good spkie discs that can be a driver the teerex or xcaliber will do
but if u want spike discs use a max

xcal

Im trying to fill two or these slots with one disc. I need a wind disc that i can use for spike hyzers and forehand shots. List Below in order... Also I will consider offers for a star wraith if the price is right. I would prefer used discs so that I can afford them.

1. Flx Pred
2. Xcal
3. TeeRex
4. Other Suggestions...

1. Max weight star Wraith

I have a star XCal that is in great condition. It's 172, and light orange. It has a good amount of ink on the back only. Great disc, I just don't need it. Would you be willing to work out a trade?

I have a star XCal that is in great condition. It's 172, and light orange. It has a good amount of ink on the back only. Great disc, I just don't need it. Would you be willing to work out a trade?

Im going to eliminate Xcal's from my choices I dont want anything that can become flippy.

Im going to eliminate Xcal's from my choices I dont want anything that can become flippy.

I carry all three in my bag and the Xcal has the least chance of becoming flippy of the 3 you have listed.

My TeeRex has beat in to an understable disc that doesn't fight wind and does small S curves and my FLX Predator recently came out of my bag because it has taken so much beating as a spike hyzer disc that it turns over. Neither of these discs receive as much use as my Xcal which is still quite the overstable disc.

The only reason any of these discs would be flippy is based on arm speed and how "beat" it has becomes but I have heard Xcals progressing quicker than the others because they are designed to be faster.

The only reason any of these discs would be flippy is based on arm speed and how "beat" it has becomes but I have heard Xcals progressing quicker than the others because they are designed to be faster.
Yes, and the Xcal requires far more arm speed then the TeeRex or FLX Pred.
A TeeRex will beat in just as fast in the same plastic not because of how fast/hard you throw it or how fast the disc is.

I had an Xcal and I didn't like it traded it off for a MAX and never looked back it is a great disc. Gateway Savage IMHO is a great disc for wind I have two of them.

Chase....
so how is it possible based on your wisdom in an earlier post that an xcal stays overstable the longest? My guess is arm speed which im not worried about. Teerex has no turn in it at all, xcal and preds based on alot of study and opinion have some. They will become flippy faster based on design. I would like a flx pred for spike hyzers many of which in my area are sloped fairways so flx plastic will let the disc stop on impact. As far as wind goes I believe a teerex is best for my windy conditions based on actual field testing.

please go debate the stats of drivers in an equipment forum not my personal thread.

Thank you Hamilton for the Max advice I actually think that disc may help my sidearm drives aswell.

i have an unthrown star teerex i would gladly get rid of because what that guy said was right. They become understable waaaay too fast (and therefore turn). Mine started turning way too soon and i dont have that big of an arm. So yes, it does have turn in it after only a few months of throwing it.

Chase....
so how is it possible based on your wisdom in an earlier post that an xcal stays overstable the longest? My guess is arm speed which im not worried about. Teerex has no turn in it at all, xcal and preds based on alot of study and opinion have some. They will become flippy faster based on design. I would like a flx pred for spike hyzers many of which in my area are sloped fairways so flx plastic will let the disc stop on impact. As far as wind goes I believe a teerex is best for my windy conditions based on actual field testing.

please go debate the stats of drivers in an equipment forum not my personal thread.

Thank you Hamilton for the Max advice I actually think that disc may help my sidearm drives aswell.
haha. just don't worry about it dude.
if you are strong enough, enjoy flipping your TeeRex into headwind:p

Status
Not open for further replies.