• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X-Outs: is the low cost worth it?

Is the low cost of X-outs worth the imperfections?

• Yes

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
I've bought a few x outs or factory seconds, and not one of them had a flight difference big enough for this mediocre player to notice. Definitely the way to go to save a few bucks.

x outs are definitely worth it. i've never thrown one that didn't fly the same as its higher priced counterpart

xouts are great. nothing wrong with them other than bubbles or double stamps. most companies if not all do not let warped flight plated discs sell for xouts . usually in the description of an xout it states that theyre just cosmetic flaws ,nothing that will effect the flight . ive had my share and never had any problems unless you get some xouts from gateway,which is another story.

BTW Booter:
dynamite avatar, Milton Waddams rules!

"I could...I could put strychnine...in the guacamole"

Granted i am not very good, but i have never noticed the difference between the X-outs and the normal discs. X-Outs are just uglier. I have an X-out Cro that is great. A Star Leopard that is solid also. And a Champ firebird that is one of my go-to thumber discs. All work great.

It depends on the price difference. At discgolfcenter the savings is $2. If I was ordering online and not being able to see the disc, I would pay the extra $2 and get what I want. At a local store, I might buy X-out since I can see what I am getting.

That's a real good point. If the x-out is only a buck or 2 less, there's not a lot of motivation.

That's a real good point. If the x-out is only a buck or 2 less, there's not a lot of motivation.

i always pass.
The potential of getting an inconsistent disc that flies horribly, or is "irreplaceable" if lost isnt worth $2.00.

Maybe if i found a DX disc i wanted to experiment with. (A lot of times i buy a used DX just to "see what a disc is about" before i buy a champion.)

X-outs are PDGA approved golf disc that have cosmetic flaws. They don't have flaws that affect flight characteristics or durability.
There's a place that carries them that's on the way to a cool course about 50 miles from my house. I always try to stop there to check out their selection of X-outs.

Last edited:
X-outs are PDGA approved golf disc that have cosmetic flaws. They don't have flaws that affect flight characteristics or durability.
There's a place that carries them that's on the way to a cool course about 50 miles from my house. I always try to stop there to check out their selection of X-outs.

i know that's the party line... but i've met people who swear differently...
and, moreover, is it worth $2 to find out?

The day that your lose your favorite "X Out" that flies like the original, bUT it does something special or different, is the day you lose a part of your game.

*** Pros and top amateurs that are looking for an edge obviously differ in opinion. For me, i want "plug and play" consistency.

x outs are great and most that I have seen just have a bad stamp. Perfect for dye jobs.

I go to PIAS just for the X out selection. They also have a "buy 10 discs get one free" policy (punch card) so that makes them about an extra 10% cheaper in the long run.

I got my new voodoo x-out yesterday in the mail and it has a couple magic stamps on it. What do you think? VOOGIC or MAGDOO? or maybe just MAGOO

I love x-outs! Found a few S PD's at my local shop...can't complain about that. X-out's also make great dye project discs.

Latest posts