• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X Step question

Are you talking owls or humans?? :eek: I can maybe see back that far in my peripheral vision but my chin doesn't go past my shoulder or 90 deg. There's no way my head is turning 150 deg!!

I can get mine around to about 120, but my neck is really tight and I haven't been stretching...at all lately and it's KILLING me! (btw, I just made up the 150 number, but when I checked it out it's not too far off. more like 135ish, but ya know...) Also, you're not accounting for momentum swing in that 90 degrees. For example, I can reach my arm around behind me (like in my follow through) to where I can see my finger tips, but when I'm ACTUALLy throwing, I can see my whole hand back there because momentum carries it farther than I can just push it.

I only look at the basket (if visible) when I line up my shot. I try to choose the most desired or optimal line to take and aim for that. When I enter into my normal x-step I'm looking at the disc as it passes my chest and make sure I follow through at the right angle and release. My head moves with my body motion. I don't do a running x-step, just a walk up x-step but can get most drivers to 300'-340' on a RHBH throw (just line driving them and keeping them low).

I'm concentrating on my foot timing and placement now. Big difference is playing with work boots vs. tennis shoes. Switching messes with my timing due to the weight difference. :(

Are you talking owls or humans?? :eek: I can maybe see back that far in my peripheral vision but my chin doesn't go past my shoulder or 90 deg. There's no way my head is turning 150 deg!!

Dude...seriously? 75 degrees each way...