• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Yikun Sports. New disc company from China.

So baskets and bags come from China. It is what is, I guess. I'll pick my battles where I can win them. Trying to wholly purchase products that are "Made in the USA" is a fool's errand.

We're a world economy get use to it. I could see people say they want to support American based companies, but made in america is becoming more and more of the past.

Normally, my problem with chinese goods is that they are stereotypically mass produced/low quality goods. This isn't about the quality of Chinese labor, it is about the fact that Anerican companies (read:Walmart) want to offer cheap goods at super cheap prices.

However, if something is a labor if love it doesn't matter if the lovers are brothers in Michigan or a guy in China, they can both create amazing goods.

These discs look incredible! I am super sad I am not a tester for the simple reason I will have a long wait to throw these discs. The theme/legends behind these discs, and the fact that they are so different from what is available here artistically make them a must have!

I type in this thread using a USA made computer (I built it) and a USA made keyboard. What are you using to internet rage about how important USA made is? Hmm, could it be from China???

Attachments

• 20130916_214631.jpg
    20130916_214631.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 46
Oh there is so much more to say , but lets get back to the discs since that is what this post was originally about. From looking at there site it is nice to know they have a full lineup ready to go and 3 classes of plastic all ready to go. I'm curious to see how long it takes to get pdga approved.

From looking at there site it is nice to know they have a full lineup ready to go and 3 classes of plastic all ready to go.

Yeah, thanks for not launching half-cocked as soon as a name is decided, tell us it's the best thing in the world for months and months, then fail to deliver.

USA or not, it's nice to see a new disc company have their sh*t together.

Man all this china crap talk. Get over it. This is a disc golf company in a disc golf forum. We love Swedish plastic, German plastic, why not Chinese? Most of the posts here come from a place on complete misunderstanding of world economics. The Chinese are light years ahead of us in manufacturing. Especially electronics. If you have an issue with that your government is the place to start, not on a forum about disc golf. Celebrate the options we have. Please keep this thread about the discs, not the politics. Lets make another thread for that.

Is there an English language version of their online store?
I couldn't seem to find it.
I'd try a Da'e and a Yao

Yeah but Swedes make decent quality. Everything from China is a knockoff or turd.

He said support you country...not support quality....don't want to get into an argument over it....was just making a point.....

The fact is if you wear clothes, shoes, drive a car, own any electronics and a multitude of other things....you have many things that are made in china..its unavoidable....

Last edited:
October, that's what I wanted to know. Look forward to buying a few to try them out.

I think the funniest part is that you China phobes are worried about "quality" on a piece of plastic. Lol.
Sure plastics can be cheap, but do you really think these discs will be worse than companies like Lightning? Just looking at them, you can tell they are better quality.

I think your true colors come out that you just don't trust China products. But, have you tried them all? As a guitarist, I can tell you China makes amazing guitars now, better than USA on some models.

And you may complain of some China products being "cheap", but can you really complain when you bought that from a dollar store? For example, did you spend like 50 cents for a usb car charger? I mean, you get what you pay for. So buy something made in China that is more expensive than its US counterpart, and if it is still cheap quality, then you can talk.

Get me?

I bet everyone is touching something Chinese right now...lol, and I bet you're ok with its quality.

I think the funniest part is that you China phobes are worried about "quality" on a piece of plastic. Lol.
Sure plastics can be cheap, but do you really think these discs will be worse than companies like Lightning? Just looking at them, you can tell they are better quality.

I bet everyone is touching something Chinese right now...lol, and I bet you're ok with its quality.

Well put. Having handled all of the Yikun line, I can say that they immediately match up with the best of any American made line. They're just so... premium feeling. Hand candy, eye candy, and they fly so well. I can't wait... any day now until Infinite Discs has them!

I just have a hard time supporting "Communism":( It's what our soldiers have been fighting around the world for over 100 years!
Communism is in theory a good idea! Karl Marx was brilliant. It's just never been executed well because people are evil and always want more than the next person. Consider how our government does whatever they want and we can't do anything about it. There has never been a "true" Communist state. If there was then you wouldn't have poor people.
/politics

Chinese golf discs eh? Looks like now everything IS made in China. Although I'd give them a chance, I wonder if there is lead in their discs :p

Don't see any for sale on Marshall street, but do see some on Infinite. Was interested in picking up that Jun disc to try at least. However, I decided that no matter the disc I buy, I'm doing the artwork for it so I only buy it at places that will print my custom work on them. So I'll have to wait a bit for these to proliferate to some of the other dealers out there.

They promised these would be PDGA Approved . Now they copy a name from Discraft? I'm having some doubts about this Company.