• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You HAVE to throw a wet disc, which plastic?

I carry a chamois. 99% of my shots are with a one-finger grip. When it's wet I go with a power grip. I've had too many shots slip off of my one-finger grip. Not a sham-wow;the real thing.

$30 towel? I can buy (another backup) 10x Gazelle for that.

I play in LOTS of rain. LOTS.
These work just fine for me: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XVNDL...UTF8&colid=MNGN30ZP7EJ4&coliid=I2437CH3GNSXYI

If anything I switch to more premium plastic (champ and star) just because it is easier to keep clean with these cheapo towels. And I don't sweat if I loan one away or lose one.

I hate these towels. Maybe it is just me, but they are useless. They absorb nothing and pick up every leaf, twig, burr and flotsam within a mile radius. I don't understand what they are supposed to do. Somebody explain how to use them, I have dozens....I seem to get one at every tournament.

I hate these towels. Maybe it is just me, but they are useless. They absorb nothing and pick up every leaf, twig, burr and flotsam within a mile radius. I don't understand what they are supposed to do. Somebody explain how to use them, I have dozens....I seem to get one at every tournament.

They work like champs. Send yours to me.

Why does everyone say they "pick up every leaf, twig, burr and flotsam". Do they physically reach down and pick stuff up? Why are people putting their hand towels down on the wet filthy ground?

I'd take some of your extra towels, also.

They work like champs. Send yours to me.

Why does everyone say they "pick up every leaf, twig, burr and flotsam". Do they physically reach down and pick stuff up? Why are people putting their hand towels down on the wet filthy ground?

Lol. I have tried to hook them to my bag or belt. I am not condemning those who use them, I just find they do not absorb any water. I have tried to use them as rags as well, they just don't seem to have any towel like qualities.....I guess I am an old school terry cloth guy. :eek::eek:

What you need for trade on a couple or 10 of them?

I grip a little harder, leave everything wet, and figure out the differences with a few practice drives before the round starts. Working with what you have seems to work better than fighting the whole round.

just be wet. i like it.

Vibram (Medium in moderate wet and cold, Soft if it's getting really cold)
X Line P2

If I am really going to nut on it, I'd prefer it not very wet.

For Frisbees.

For Frisbees.

Amirite Three Putt?

Lol. I have tried to hook them to my bag or belt. I am not condemning those who use them, I just find they do not absorb any water. I have tried to use them as rags as well, they just don't seem to have any towel like qualities.....I guess I am an old school terry cloth guy. :eek::eek:
Put them in the washing machine once before you use them on the course. They will pick up much more water than a brand new one. As for the OP, I throw the same stuff I throw on a dry day. Champ does seem to be grippiest for me.

Put them in the washing machine once before you use them on the course. They will pick up much more water than a brand new one. As for the OP, I throw the same stuff I throw on a dry day. Champ does seem to be grippiest for me.

You and I are, like, totally on the same page. Like, totally.

You and I are, like, totally on the same page. Like, totally.
Hahaha, ya sunshine in the Pacific NW is a privilege. If I stopped for the rain I'd never get a chance to play. Just gotta man up and get some webbed feet... and webbed fingers for that matter. 9 months of rain: no big deal.

I don't care for them either. I just use two normal dish type towels

If I am really going to nut on it, I'd prefer it not very wet.

For Frisbees.

For Frisbees.

Amirite Three Putt?

CaryWhat.gif

DX or similar base line plastic. You better have a supply of fresh ones that you use for only rain rounds and not beat up on everyday use to have something stable when needed.