• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite speed 9 disc

Flat, 175g Champion Valkyries. I love throwing them FH. I often get me biggest drives ripping them on a flat FH off the tee. The production glow Champion series that Innova was making a few years ago were really good.

My answer would be the Viking if Innova would support the mold more.

Right now my favorite speed 9 is the SOLS followed closely by getaways and felons. Speed 9 is one of the most glorious speeds in disc golf I haven't found too many I don't like.

Roadrunner, I like color glow and MF the best. I don't think the PD is actually a 10 speed but probably not a 9 speed either. It's my favorite 9.5 speed.

Insanity. Hyzerflip machine with just enough stability to to stay where you point it in the woods. Definitely the the furthest flying 9 speed I've come across.

Really liking the Prodigy FX3 these days. FX2 is waaay too much disc for my old slow arm. This one is controllable for those of us who don't throw 450 feet (or 350 for that matter). Available around the end of the month.

I really like the lots, but out of all the bags I have carried I would say the OLF is my favorite 9 speed
Honorable mention to the fx2 and CD2. 9 speed may be my favorite class
I am very decisive can you tell.

PD is my favorite 9 speed. The more I play, the more I love dependable discs that like to be thrown flat and will not turnover.

Been getting out to throw in the field since it's started to warm up, and I do like the OLF but I think the Undertaker is still my favorite 9 speed. I just wish it handled a forehand a little better, but that's what a predator is for I suppose.

For me it's the Saint - it has been my bread and butter for the last 5-6 years or so.

Sidewinder was my first speed 9, and then for years Valks were my only distance drivers, eventually replaced by the Hatchet.

When I switched back to 150s drivers Insanity and Roadrunner replaced the Hatchet. When I couldn't get backups someone kindly suggested a VIP Air Hatchet, which reminded how much I previously liked that disc.

I like lots of speed 9 discs, obviously. It just depends which disc slots best into my bag setup.

I absolutely loooove a fresh a Opto Saint. For me, when thrown flat, it has a perfectly balanced S flight and finishes where you aim it. I heavily used a recent Opto Saint for 3-4 months, and now it flies just like my beat-in Star Roadrunner, which I have been using for over a year. I wish the Opto plastic would hold up longer, because I don't like the proposition of replacing a Saint every 3-4 months.

Roadrunner. Easiest distance for me. I like Sidewinders too, but I've had a few duds with that mold.

Same. Gave up on the Sidewinder after replacing a lost one and getting a really bad mold the second time around.

Bought a beat in PFN Roadrunner off eBay and has been one of my go-to discs ever since.

Latest posts