• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your go to anhyzer disc, short and long.

I think you are thinking turnover discs. Anhyzer is a release angle.

^^This. If I need a disc I can throw flat, but will turn right, the fuse is $$. For more distance I have a beat up DX wraith, or a river. Otherwise I can grab something else and throw it on an anhyzer line (tilted right for RHBH). The anode does nicely for shorter drives or trouble shots without crashing.

Just looked at your discs.
Work on throwing it with your Aviar to start out.
Don't rush out to buy anything new just yet.
In time, you'll be able to throw a distance anny with your Beast and TL.
But for now, don't worry about distance.
If you can create the line and get 100 feet, that's a good start.
Focus on spin and smooth release.
Distance comes with practice and familiarity.

Last edited:
Long to short:

Champ Valkyrie (350'+ w/ high ceiling)
Star Leopard (275-350' w/ limited ceiling)
Axis (200-300', small left to right translation)
Star Mako (150-250', large L-R translation)
Ion (up to 200')

I prefer a neutrally stable disc for most anhyzer shots.
Everybody's distance ranges are probably going to differ based on skill and comfort level, so don't put too much into that.
Once you get the technique down, you'll figure out your own range and disc preferences.
The key to get it to hold the L-R track is to generate a little extra spin on the throw.
Height and nose angle are also important.
Basically, you want the nose and right wing pointed downward at the apex of the throw.
From that point it will glide to the right as it descends.

Whoops!
Wrote this for RHBH.
Reverse directions for RHFH.
The principles are the same, though.

Wow. Don't see a lot of Xpress love on the boards, but this is the disc I learned anhyzers with. I think they are great under stable discs. I only have experience with the Z Xpress, but I think they are nice!

See I have my Elite-X XPress and it's the only "Understable" disc that I have. It might be because I am still relatively new but I find this things flies on a very nice gentle Anny line. If you release it with a long (or Ultimate) type arm I find it comes back beautifully

When I'm looking for (-shaped flight, released anhyzer and holding the angle for the whole flight:
Short: Opto Pure
Mid range: Z Comet
Long range: QOLS

really short no flex back: Champ SM aviar
really short flex back: Z Zone
Short no flex back: ESP meteor
Short flex back: Axis or pain
Long no flex back: River
Long flex back: Avenger SS

Short: Z Buzzz
Long: JK Valk

Both have enough stability to fade out of an anhyzer reliably, but I can still get the anhyzer to hold to the ground with both if I want to.

I have probably thrown every disc in my bag on an anhyzer. Just depends on conditions and what I want the flight to be after release as to which disc I'll throw.

This. I dont have a hyzer disc, anhyzer disc, forehand driver or max d disc. I just throw whatever disc is most suitable for a given shot.

beat dx roc that i just lost the other day, trying to beat in another one to that point.

For long anhyzers, I like a roadrunner, and longer a bolt.