• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Improvements this year, what will you work on this year

sumo21

Eagle Member
My pull through is constantly improving each and every day. Besides that, my judging of distances and what to use have vastly improved. A close second would be my bag: it has all the discs that I need and they are all in premium plastics so lifespan is not a problem, nor is chopping down the giant oaks with my Champion TL. :clap: :D :hfive:

Oooooooops. I will be working on adding 20-30 extra feet on my drives by working on better form. Working on getting that even or better round on an 18+ hole course. Beating my mentor, also on an 18+ hole course. Judging uphill and downhill shots a whole lot better. And as always, approach shots and PUTTING, PUTTING, PUTTING.

My new home course is a wide open park with very few trees. I'm going to have to learn how to play the wind...

I'd love to get to 930 rated. I gained plenty of distance on my drives last year, now I just need to work on the consistency. A lot more putting and upshot practice this year, as well. All the work on distance last year really took me away from putting.

Continue to have fun and love the game.....and of course, Adv Grandmaster Amateur World Champion.

I need to work on this large object hanging off the front of my body.......... oh wait that is actually part of me ugh....... I need to lose weight, and keep it off. I must have gained 40lbs since thanksgiving.

I have never been one to practice-anything... I never practiced when I was a bowler, I retired a couple seasons ago... I really need to work on my putting!!! I just have no patience for it... :\ I have autism, which should make it easy to just putt for long periods of time, but I can't... I feel I could really compete in the Master Pro division if my putting were better...

My goal is to be at least a 900 rated player. I'm not rated right now, but think I have a semi decent chance at being in the 900's before the years out based on how I stack up to some local open guys during mini's and rec rounds. Here's to wishing.

I want to keep pushing my drives out further and further, and keep pushing my putter out as well. And.....putting...definitely putting.

Just my putting percentage. I want to see that number go up.

I am putting more often than playing. I am tired of counting how many strokes I lost inside the circle and counting how many places I could move up if I only made half the ones I missed.

I have never been one to practice-anything... I never practiced when I was a bowler, I retired a couple seasons ago... I really need to work on my putting!!! I just have no patience for it... :\ I have autism, which should make it easy to just putt for long periods of time, but I can't... I feel I could really compete in the Master Pro division if my putting were better...

I'd like to improve my putting this year too.

For me it seems better to practice short amounts of time. If I putt too long I get tired, start missing and get frustrated. But I can't end on missed putts so I have to keep going and it only makes it worse.

I had a good time Sunday going in the backyard to putt four separate times during the day, less than a half hour each time.

I seem to be the opposite of a lot of folks here - I am pretty happy with my short game and putting, but I need to get better off the tee.

I need to incorporate more leg drive, shoulder rotation, and better balance into my backhand. I can see glimmerings of progress, but I have not (yet) put it all together consistently. Old habits take time to break.

I would also like to get my sidearm distance back to 300' without re-jacking up my shoulder. I did flick a nice smooth 270' hyzer through the woods this weekend so that was encouraging.

Putting, putting and putting. In between I want to disc down on approaches in the 150-250 range and add 20ft at least to my distance drives. And preserve my shoulder better than last summer.

I am getting far more consistent on my drives as far as accuracy goes. I need to gain back some of the distance I lost when I switched up my form to gain that accuracy. Hopefully I can get to a consistent 350' on distance drives.

I also need to work on my putting. I was doing really well for awhile but then it fell to pieces this last month. I just need to get my head back in it.

This year for me it's:

Increase distance/clean-up form
Learn forehand
Learn rollers
Make long putts
Compete more and get better!