• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your longest disc

Animix said:
Welp, I'm not entirely sure what I did, but I managed to gain about 30 extra feet on my drive the other day at the field. It was a fluke shot with my 171g Star Starfire-x. I released it anhyzer and felt a really good rip, thought I might have turned it into the fence, but it flexed out and ended up dead on line with my other drives and about 30' farther. I don't have a ton of D so going from 320ish to 350 is a big leap. Now if I could just get my SL's to fly that far. They're far more controllable.

I'm surprised you got max distance with the star starfire. That disc is about as overstable as they come. With your power I'd try a disc like a champion wraith or surge for max D.

Also, I've never found the star SL to be any good. It just doesn't glide well and flips all over.

twmccoy said:
Animix said:
Welp, I'm not entirely sure what I did, but I managed to gain about 30 extra feet on my drive the other day at the field. It was a fluke shot with my 171g Star Starfire-x. I released it anhyzer and felt a really good rip, thought I might have turned it into the fence, but it flexed out and ended up dead on line with my other drives and about 30' farther. I don't have a ton of D so going from 320ish to 350 is a big leap. Now if I could just get my SL's to fly that far. They're far more controllable.

I'm surprised you got max distance with the star starfire. That disc is about as overstable as they come. With your power I'd try a disc like a champion wraith or surge for max D.

Also, I've never found the star SL to be any good. It just doesn't glide well and flips all over.

If you're good at throwing anhyzers, the starfireX would be a great max D driver. I know schewberger has stated his longest drive for a long time was with an FX.

I dont know about the star SL, but my champ SL is like a really long viking. Its flight is very gradual. When throwing hyzerflips it flips to flat, turns a bit anhyzer and glides forever never flexing out. Very long and very glidey. Not good in the wind.

Pro or Star Orc is probably by longest AIR shot...Pro for neutral / tailwinds and Star for headwinds.

Technically, though, my longest driver would be my Sirius Orion LS...'cause i can throw a roller longer than I can an air shot :D

I'm in the process of taking Wraiths out of my bag. I lost an Augusta Wraith last year, since then I've had 2 Star. I just find that the SL flies about the same for me and feels nicer in the hand. I bought the SX as a wind driver but when I throw field practice I break it out just to get more used to it. I can even manage to throw a Destroyer, but it's just too much work to keep it on a straight line. I love my SLs and also my TLs for fairway work. As it stands, I'm pretty content with my bag. If you're curious see my recent post in the 'Disc Family Portrait' thread over in general discussions.

Animix said:
I'm in the process of taking Wraiths out of my bag. I lost an Augusta Wraith last year, since then I've had 2 Star. I just find that the SL flies about the same for me and feels nicer in the hand. I bought the SX as a wind driver but when I throw field practice I break it out just to get more used to it. I can even manage to throw a Destroyer, but it's just too much work to keep it on a straight line. I love my SLs and also my TLs for fairway work. As it stands, I'm pretty content with my bag. If you're curious see my recent post in the 'Disc Family Portrait' thread over in general discussions.

Really? SL over the wraith? Interesting. The star SL is probably the most disappointing driver I've ever thrown. It doesn't glide that well and flips all over the place.

I know a couple people that throw SL's for max D and put them out farther than Wraiths. They throw long hyzerflips.

I believe its pretty consistent for an understable driver.

Yeah, thats weird. I can crank the star beast a ton (not accurately), but I never got any kind of good distance from the star SL even though they are almost the same exact disc.

I threw my longest drive during [friendly] competition the other day with a 167 Star Destroyer. It was a flex-shot that did not quite get back to center, and a novel birdie on the hole for me.

I have no skill and definately no accuracy with hyzer distance lines, so I think I think this is a good development.

Unfortunately, it added some strokes to my score that day as well due to my inexperience with it and severely cold fingers.

For me the Champion Viking is the longest in my bag while still maintainin complete confidence in where it will land. I have yet to throw a Wraith or Destroyer in the near 2 years I have been playing DG but I can get consistant distance with consistant accuracy out of the Viking, so I'm happy as can be.

Depends on what kind of Max D.

Controlled- ESP Surge

Tailwind,flat tunnel,hyzerflip,turnover- Mix & match between UGZ Surge, Rogue, or Flash

Hyzer,flex- Pulse

Severe downhill,valley,sky anhyzer- X Crush

Roller- Avenger SS

Lets discussion bring this back
Pro Wraith 172gr, Star Beast 169gr,Pro Destroyer 171gr, and Star Destroyer 171gr all of these discs fly about the same distance how can I get more D, not golf D but just crazy D.

Dx or Pro wraith for me is longer than anything else (except maybe the trio of "different " infernos) but I don't have them in my bag. I carry the champ wraith because I think it is a much more predictable driver. You lose out on some glide but gain a good measure of stability.

Longest disk out their for me is a slightly beat dx wraith, but they aren't consistent. Longest disc in my bag is a slightly used Star Teerex on calm days or a beat special blend orc with a tailwind or roller.

My longest is easily the MOLF. In the field I can usually hyzer flip it to around 450' consistantly.

My longest throw has been with a 166 Star Wraith but I think that once the ground stops being slippery I'll outdistance my record with my Star or Pro Destroyer. My average golf D is better now with my Destroyer although the longest rips from slippery ground have been the Wraith. I haven't had equally good throws with the Destroyers yet. It's not nice to throw on snow/slush/soggy ground... The Destroyer definitely blew away the Wraith today in front left headwind driving practice. Pun intended. Not for distance but accuracy and repeatability and ease of throwing. Even with my small hands having a harder time gripping the wider rimmed Destroyer.

My 171g star orc is still my longest. A little hyzer and it flies forever, but the wind can toss it around a bit. I'm still hitting the 400-410' barrier, so I need to work on my form a little more before I need any of those super fast discs.

Latest posts